The Smiths & Morrissey thread

Anyone manged to get tickets for castlefield Bowl in July, I am away that weekend so missing out however £71 a ticket is a bit steep. Should be a good gig though if the sun actually is out that day.
Both days not sold out yet. Not surprising due to the price and also people turning their back on him after his latest comments.
Compared with the heady days of 2004 and selling the MEN Arena out in minutes....

Big mouth strikes again

Got tix for the Saturday but, and it killed me, I didn’t get for the Sunday. And I’ve travelled the length and breadth of these isles (and beyond) to watch him previously. The Saturday will be my 43rd gig of his but the 44th won’t be on the Sunday. £75 quid including booking fee. I may yet wander down on the day, see if the touts are getting killed. I long for the days of Blackburn, Bradford, Preston, Blackpool, small venues, packed to the rafters, near-death from being bounced around by a crowd hanging on his every word. Ah well, this gig’s local and he’s…who he’s always been.

Got tix for the Saturday but, and it killed me, I didn’t get for the Sunday. And I’ve travelled the length and breadth of these isles (and beyond) to watch him previously. The Saturday will be my 43rd gig of his but the 44th won’t be on the Sunday. £75 quid including booking fee. I may yet wander down on the day, see if the touts are getting killed. I long for the days of Blackburn, Bradford, Preston, Blackpool, small venues, packed to the rafters, near-death from being bounced around by a crowd hanging on his every word. Ah well, this gig’s local and he’s…who he’s always been.
44? Is that all? Come back when you are on 53.... (and 5 Smiths gigs too ;) lol
It is ridiculous though..... that price

44? Is that all? Come back when you are on 53.... (and 5 Smiths gigs too ;) lol
It is ridiculous though..... that price
You had to bide your time for the fiftieth if memory sereves me! I missed The Smiths - gutted. I know Salford’s your all time best ever, so spare me the details :-) £75 quid is ridiculous, doubt there’ll be a support band just the usual Dolls’ videos etc. But we go because, well, we have to. Guess he’ll look at it as a good return if he sells 5k tix, that’s nearly half a million. I do wish he’d do a charge around those venues I listed. They were just fucking great.

You had to bide your time for the fiftieth if memory sereves me! I missed The Smiths - gutted. I know Salford’s your all time best ever, so spare me the details :-) £75 quid is ridiculous, doubt there’ll be a support band just the usual Dolls’ videos etc. But we go because, well, we have to. Guess he’ll look at it as a good return if he sells 5k tix, that’s nearly half a million. I do wish he’d do a charge around those venues I listed. They were just fucking great.
Yes Salford was the best ever - stop me if you think that you've heard that one before :D
2002 and 2011 were great tours
2002 Birmingham Wednesday, Bradford Thursday and Blackburn Saturday. Also did 1st night at Royal Albert Hall and Dublin too.
2011 York, Bradford, Grimsby, Leeds and Stoke within 2 weeks or something.

Yes Salford was the best ever - stop me if you think that you've heard that one before :D
2002 and 2011 were great tours
2002 Birmingham Wednesday, Bradford Thursday and Blackburn Saturday. Also did 1st night at Royal Albert Hall and Dublin too.
2011 York, Bradford, Grimsby, Leeds and Stoke within 2 weeks or something.
2002 was the zenith, just prior to “Quarry”, he had no deal, was back from oblivion. Coming on stage to the sound of that bell. Heady days.

They're playing the new Marr track to death on XS ' Hi, Hello' I think it's called. Sounds like a Morrissey impersonation! :) Haven't listened to the album yet though.

Bit of a long shot, as they are still on general sale, but -
I've bought 3 tix for the Saturday.One for my daughter's first ever gig but just realised she's on a school residential. If anyone you know wants a ticket ( Face value, prob even take a little loss ) then let me know.
Gutted she can't come, she wanted to come with me to Earls Court last month but she's underage!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.