James Milner

I assumed I missed something too.
I watched the 5-0 home game in a pub in Bangkok and there was a load of scousers around me (which turned out to be great). When Milner came on, one of the scousers - in a high pitch, broad scouse accent - was shouting "they're booin' Milner, they're fuckin' booin' Milner". He asked me why and I couldn't really answer him. Personally, I've got nothing against the lad.

The reason some city fans don’t like him is because he was a bit shady in how he ran his contract down and then signed for Liverpool....it was fairly clear (at least to me) that there had been a deal in place with Liverpool all along....nothing was said in the media but I wonder whether they did in fact tap him up whilst under contract and thus torpedoed any possibility of city getting him to sign an extension.

So fair fucks to him....I hope he wins fuck all

The reason some city fans don’t like him is because he was a bit shady in how he ran his contract down and then signed for Liverpool....it was fairly clear (at least to me) that there had been a deal in place with Liverpool all along....nothing was said in the media but I wonder whether they did in fact tap him up whilst under contract and thus torpedoed any possibility of city getting him to sign an extension.

So fair fucks to him....I hope he wins fuck all

You’re missing the fact every interview since he’s been negative about us and when he scored against us he celebrated like a twat. Deserves that horrible club he’s at

I’m evidently in a minority here, but I’ve no beef with Milner. He was a good servant to the club, playing a big part in some of our successes, and I wasn’t that arsed when he left. He’d fulfilled his contract and was perfectly entitled to move on. Not really bothered that we missed out on a transfer fee because, well, it’s not my money and we’re hardly on the bones of our arse.

We’ve moved on to better things (he wouldn’t get in our squad now) and have just had the most successful season in our history. Don’t really get why there’s still any lingering bitterness towards him tbh.
I'd agree with that Ric (I don't) were it not for one vitally important thing:

He bullshitted us for a year prior to his departure about how he hoped to sign a new contract when that was clearly never the case.

Doing so meant we missed the opportunity to offload him whilst still under contract and therefore to receive some modest return from the transfer. He lied repeatedly, and his lying cost the club - which had done nothing but treat him very well indeed - millions.

It was pure ****ish behaviour and completely unnecessary and uncalled for. Basically a shitty thing to do and for that, he's a twat and can fuck right off.

Yeah, the disparity in how the two players, fuck it the two teams, are treated is a joke. That’s British football journalists for you, very few of them have any real credibility these days. That’s on them though, not Milner.

Milner’s Tweet following the bus attack were pretty disrespectful to his former colleagues. He does seem to have converted to to the Anfield cult. He went to great lengths (rightly so) NOT to celebebrate in front of Aston Villa fans when he was with us but clearly decided NOT to afford us the same level of respect once he went to Liverpool - going a stage further and mocking Yaya.

I assumed I missed something too.
I watched the 5-0 home game in a pub in Bangkok and there was a load of scousers around me (which turned out to be great). When Milner came on, one of the scousers - in a high pitch, broad scouse accent - was shouting "they're booin' Milner, they're fuckin' booin' Milner". He asked me why and I couldn't really answer him. Personally, I've got nothing against the lad.
Yeah, scousers never do that.

I'd agree with that Ric (I don't) were it not for one vitally important thing:

He bullshitted us for a year prior to his departure about how he hoped to sign a new contract when that was clearly never the case.

Doing so meant we missed the opportunity to offload him whilst still under contract and therefore to receive some modest return from the transfer. He lied repeatedly, and his lying cost the club - which had done nothing but treat him very well indeed - millions.

It was pure ****ish behaviour and completely unnecessary and uncalled for. Basically a shitty thing to do and for that, he's a twat and can fuck right off.

Genuine question. I’m really curious. I can’t personally remember any quote, in the media or elsewhere, where he said that he was thinking of re-signing. If you point me in the direction of any kind of source where he led us up the garden path like this, then fine, I agree with you. But I have no specific memory of it.

As for the celebrating in front of former fans when you score (not your point, I understand that, but the point of some other posts on here) I personally hope that Raheem celebrates like fuck when he finally scores against the dippers (which he will do, and I sincerely hope it’s at Anfield).

Milner’s Tweet following the bus attack were pretty disrespectful to his former colleagues. He does seem to have converted to to the Anfield cult. He went to great lengths (rightly so) NOT to celebebrate in front of Aston Villa fans when he was with us but clearly decided NOT to afford us the same level of respect once he went to Liverpool - going a stage further and mocking Yaya.

Not seen it. What did he say?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.