Riyad Mahrez

Status
Not open for further replies.
He could rotate with Sane and Sterling but hes not better than either as a first choice flanker
He has potential to play a KDB or D Silva more central role also,his through ball to Vardy for MOTD goal of the season was similar to KDB ball to Jesus v Southampton from an inside left position

Sorry to be picky but this is what you said

The way i see it is that Marhez is as good an attacking wide player as both Sterling and Sane...better goal scorer at least than both and equally as gifted a dribbler

how many more goals does he score compared to our 2?
I think if you could give the exact same chances to all three players, a sort of shooting drill if you like, then Mahrez buries the most chances. But in reality it’s hard to compare - different teams, different styles, different attributes. Sterling gets many tap-ins by virtue of his movement and anticipation. Sané and Mahrez move differently around the pitch, so the type of chances they all get is different. Mahrez fills me with the most confidence out of the 3 as a finisher, but there’s so many variables in the stats to prove or disprove anything.

Mahrez will start games as much as sane and sterling. He doesn't need to improve a thing apart from adjusting to city's system. He puts in the same level of performances he put in for lecisters title winning season or even the last 3 months of last season and he will be fine. He is quality, be pivotal and crucially increases the prospect of competition and motivation to start amongst several attacking players in the squad.

What part of my post did you miss?

The expectation is that Mahrez is going to regularly start for us.

SEVENTY FIVE MILLION POUNDS say this is so.

It's not a goddamn guarantee. And hell yeah, he's going to need to prove himself.
of course he does, but he starts as a PFA player of the year and you have to be very good to be that. How many do we have in our ranks?

of course he does, but he starts as a PFA player of the year and you have to be very good to be that. How many do we have in our ranks?
Can't argue with that. As I've said, I don't watch Leichster at all - so my opinion of Mahrez is based only on the apparent lack of interest in other top clubs, else why is he still at Leichster?

Anyhow, as I've also said, Pep really seems to rate him - so I'm sure he'll be great in our side next year assuming we sign him.

SDKDWK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.