Riyad Mahrez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gonna go out on a limb here... but for 75M pounds, Mahrez sure as hell better be one of the "players that Pep prefers over others."

What does that mean. Mahrez will sit in the squad and regardless of the fee his game time will be dictated by how effective he is - that’s Pep’s modus operandi and it won’t change.

What does that mean. Mahrez will sit in the squad and regardless of the fee his game time will be dictated by how effective he is - that’s Pep’s modus operandi and it won’t change.
It means exactly what I've stated - if a club spends 75M pounds on a player - said player is expected to regularly start and contribute big time towards the team's success.

75M pounds is not being spent on some sort of squad/backup/reserve/2nd-rate player.

It means exactly what I've stated - if a club spends 75M pounds on a player - said player is expected to regularly start and contribute big time towards the team's success.

But you are wrong - the fee is the fee but Pep will ignore that. Believe me - Mahrez will need to earn Pep’s trust on the pitch.

i'm sure you said mahrez is more productive so stats is a reasonable request

i said i think he is more consistent probably (or at least Sane is inconsistent) - you don't need stats to show you that Sane is at present inconsistent. I also said that I think Sane has the potential to be better than Mahrez...i cant back that up with stats as its just an opinion.

I tink Mahrez is more of a goal threat than both sterling and Sane in certain situations (cutting in from the wing esp) as both Sane (and sterling especially who has got most of his goals from inside the box/6 yd area) are again inconsistent when finishing (again Sane is better than Sterling in that respect but his decision making isn't as good) ....Mahrez being more experienced will make better decisions consistently

I cant see any issue with this transfer at all - he aint in the superstar bracket but he is an excellent player who will strengthen our squad and who will rotate in and out with Sterling and Sane.

Lastly - the media talk about the pace of the front 3 of liverpool....well with sterling, sane and potentially now Mahrez we also have it in abundance (Sergio and Jesus aren't slow but not in the same bracket as those 3 for pace)

Last edited:
But you are wrong - the fee is the fee but Pep will ignore that. Believe me - Mahrez will need to earn Pep’s trust on the pitch.
What part of my post did you miss?

The expectation is that Mahrez is going to regularly start for us.

SEVENTY FIVE MILLION POUNDS say this is so.

It's not a goddamn guarantee. And hell yeah, he's going to need to prove himself.

I think I answered your question just fine and used an example.

It was me that wan't allowed an opinion, it must be terribly complicated for you to have to think, much easier to have Pep do it for you in future.
Ouch.

i said i think he is more consistent probably (or at least Sane is inconsistent) - you don't need stats to show you that Sane is at present inconsistent. I also said that I think Sane has the potential to be better than Mahrez...i cant back that up with stats as its just an opinion.

I tink Mahrez is more of a goal threat than both sterling and Sane in certain situations (cutting in from the wing esp) as both Sane (and sterling especially who has got most of his goals from inside the box/6 yd area) are again inconsistent when finishing (again Sane is better than Sterling in that respect but his decision making isn't as good) ....Mahrez being more experienced will make better decisions consistently

I cant see any issue with this transfer at all - he aint in the superstar bracket but he is an excellent player who will strengthen our squad and who will rotate in and out with Sterling and Sane.

Lastly - the media talk about the pace of the front 3 of liverpool....well with sterling, sane and potentially now Mahrez we also have it in abundance (Sergio and Jesus aren't slow but not in the same bracket as those 3 for pace)
Sorry to be picky but this is what you said

The way i see it is that Marhez is as good an attacking wide player as both Sterling and Sane...better goal scorer at least than both and equally as gifted a dribbler

how many more goals does he score compared to our 2?

Sorry to be picky but this is what you said

The way i see it is that Marhez is as good an attacking wide player as both Sterling and Sane...better goal scorer at least than both and equally as gifted a dribbler

how many more goals does he score compared to our 2?
You can't compare though firstly Mahrez has done it in a mid table team, but more importantly how many more did our 2 score after 1 summer with Pep. Now Mahrez is older and probably not as much room for improvement but some of Peps positional coaching and playing in a team with 80% possession he could easily match the 25 plus and assist figures Sane and Sterling got he did 22 this season.

I am hoping he is a big game player and one that can change a game when all else has failed. I would hope he could be particularly devastating in European games and get us into at least the semi final and finals of that competition. IMO all the squad will be used to the full and included in that I would count Foden and Diaz.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.