Riyad Mahrez

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've been fine with him and the majority will welcome him back I'm sure. There will of course always be the moronic element who consider anyone wanting to further their careers some kind of judas, but I'm sure it will only be a tiny minority.

How can you be angry at someone who won Leicester the premier league! I'm a bit disappointed in the upfront fee (we rate him that highly), but with the absence of other serious bids and the fee likely to drop like a stone in further transfer windows, there isn't much we can do about it now. If the add ons do take it up to £75m potentially, then it's acceptable.

I know you lot think £60m is a lot... but when you get quoted £30m for Troy Deeney, £20m+ for Grelish, £25m+ for Townsend and the like. It puts it into perspective that's we're likely to get two average players for £60m. Whilst losing someone who is most likely to be called "world class", after a few goals for you.

Yes totally agree when you see those names and values makes it look a very,very good deal, that said it only looks a good deal if he delivers but 100% sure he will. If you are quick and make runs the others will find them, sure he can play anywhere across the front line.

Given how Leicester usually have been playing as a team for 3-4 years, I see a significant part of Mahrez' goal contributions come due to the opponent not having many numbers in the box.

How confident is everyone that he'll be reproducing the same numbers against deep blocks that we face every week?

Awesome BBC reporting it now. Done then

I think that is a nothing story that should be in the gossip column. No sources quoted. Some were saying on here that it was a done deal last night. No one knows and people shouldn't count chickens as we found out with Sanchez in Jan.

we know how good mahrez is on the right, but i actually think he could be even more dangerous on the left. think about it, with mendy overlapping he'll have so many options for the ball. didn't mahrez and ben play together in france?

Given how Leicester usually have been playing as a team for 3-4 years, I see a significant part of Mahrez' goal contributions come due to the opponent not having many numbers in the box.

How confident is everyone that he'll be reproducing the same numbers against deep blocks that we face every week?

Since we went top of the league 15/16, we've basically faced teams putting 11 behind the ball constantly, other than against the top 6. Trust me, he's used to playing against packed defenses and the burden was usually all on him to create as well. With less on his shoulders and other attacking talent to free him a bit more space, I see no reason why his attacking numbers won't go up.

I think that is a nothing story that should be in the gossip column. No sources quoted. Some were saying on here that it was a done deal last night. No one knows and people shouldn't count chickens as we found out with Sanchez in Jan.
BBC only report transfers on their main page when they are extremely close or done. Everything else goes in the gossip column

Since we went top of the league 15/16, we've basically faced teams putting 11 behind the ball constantly, other than against the top 6. Trust me, he's used to playing against packed defenses and the burden was usually all on him to create as well. With less on his shoulders and other attacking talent to free him a bit more space, I see no reason why his attacking numbers won't go up.
Bless you hope you're right mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.