Media persecution of Raheem Sterling

Just watched Corrie tonight for the first time in ages, I saw 2 people shot, another killed by a knifing and talk of a guy being raped by another guy.
Yet the media go apeshit over over a footballer’s tat.

Wow busy night for Raheem doing all that shit. No wonder the lad was late.

The Raheem story generated that much of a furore and interest that they're continuing to run with it in any way they can. That's the perverse thing about this, the more we scream and shout the more clicks they generate.

The powers that be at the Sun in my opinion are missing the bigger picture that the ill will and negative publicity generated will damage their brand and they will lose readership (if ever i wanted an easy read i bought it but not anymore) but are there enough people who care about raheem sterling for it to have a major impact, probably not sadly.

I blame LFC and their media fanboys and girls who never could accept Raheem leaving God's own club to come to us.
They created the environment of hate and everyone else jumped on the bandwagon. Plenty of other rich black footballers but the vilification of Raheem was made in Liverpool.
Hopefully this will be the end of it.

100% agree with this!

I have no idea why Southgate had to mention him turning up late unless he had no option. Even then he could say he was given a time but it was flexible. He and the England captain should tell the press they need them and the country behind the squad and to back off with personal attacks and negativity. He kind of supports him but it is so mumblingly weak it is ineffective. Show some balls and give it to the fuckers, an attack on one is an attack on them all!

I have no idea why Southgate had to mention him turning up late unless he had no option. Even then he could say he was given a time but it was flexible. He and the England captain should tell the press they need them and the country behind the squad and to back off with personal attacks and negativity. He kind of supports him but it is so mumblingly weak it is ineffective. Show some balls and give it to the fuckers, an attack on one is an attack on them all!

This. Southgate should've give it them with both barrells as soon as a tattoo, or any other Sterling non-story was mentioned.

The Raheem story generated that much of a furore and interest that they're continuing to run with it in any way they can. That's the perverse thing about this, the more we scream and shout the more clicks they generate.

The powers that be at the Sun in my opinion are missing the bigger picture that the ill will and negative publicity generated will damage their brand and they will lose readership (if ever i wanted an easy read i bought it but not anymore) but are there enough people who care about raheem sterling for it to have a major impact, probably not sadly.
I don’t think the sun have ever been overly concerned about negative publicity and their readers just lap it up unfortunately. This won’t stop until there is a new person to target regardless of how much we all say it’s a disgrace. The only way I could see it changing is if the club acted, but I doubt that as well.

Luckily for us I think raz is probably used to it now and developed very thick skin. Also knows the fans that count love him to bits and that was shown at the trophy presentation against huddersfield.

This. Southgate should've give it them with both barrells as soon as a tattoo, or any other Sterling non-story was mentioned.

Like all England managers he is .chosen in part for toeing the line. He needs to be more assertive and let them know they are harming our slim chance of doing well by this witch hunt against one of our better players.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.