Media persecution of Raheem Sterling

@sterling7 on the changing media narrative: “When I started playing for Liverpool’s first-team I was regarded as the next best thing, always being praised. I had a decision to make personally in regards to what I wanted to achieve in my career...”

”Your career is only 10-15 years and I hadn’t won any trophies. I wanted to be lifting trophies, so I made that decision to move to City and the tables turned. All my headlines from that day on were all negative before I even kicked a ball.”

”In England, a lot of the players would rather do without the stress because once they [the media] come at you, they come at you hard.”

Brilliant telling it exactly as it is! He is now slowly hitting back at not only the media but the dippers and the media's love in with them. In another interview I remember him saying he hadn't experienced any racist abuse until he moved to the Liverpool academy. Keep on giving it to them Raheem!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.