Sane left out of Germany World Cup Squad

English managers have never shown any cojones. Constantly picking players on club form when it was obvious that for England it didn't work. The whole Gerrard, Lampard, Beckham scenario.
If Leroy hasn't fitted into the way Low wants to play then its a good decision.

Unbelievable , Geoff -
Might knock his confidence - but no doubt he will be going to the WC as a pundit for the German media.

I get wanting to perform in a World Cup, but it's fucking Russia, doubt he'll miss much except the abuse. He'll have a far more enjoyable summer in the sun dreaming of next years Champions League campaign. Live your best life young man:
De2hTsRUwAA5PF5.jpg

Absolutely ludicrous. One of the worst decisions I can remember from an International manager. I hope Germany fail big time.

Tempted to put money on Ze Germannns being first ones home.

Touch of the French 2002 WC malarky here.

I've not seen much of him in the German team but sounds like he is asked to play a different role to the one at City and has not sparkled in it. Even so, quite why you would not want to take such a talent in your squad when he is a player that could come on and turn a tight game in your favour is not easy to fathom. He's a player who you would think could get into every other squad in the tournament.

I've seen suggestions in this thread it might be to do with attitude but one thing you can be sure of is that Pep Guardiola does not play you regularly if your attitude and application is not of the highest order.

Whether or not this will work in City's favour or not is debatable, even if, as one hopes, Leory's attitude is I'll show you how wrong you were. This is a big blow to the lad and I do hope Germany do not win the tournament because I reckon coming home with a winners medal might have been better for him than a rest and any motivation he gains from being left out. I now hope the German's crash and burn early - unlikely as that may be.

He's 22 why would any 22 year old write of his whole future international career because he hasn't made a world cup squad ? It should make him all the more determined to make the next tournament.
And if he gets left out of the European Championship squad, what do you suggest he does, get his head down for 2022, it's easier said than done. Sometimes quitting is the best option.

After the way they won in 2014, maybe the Germans feel they don’t need to take a ‘risk’ with Sane who could offer something different. Hope they are proved wrong.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.