Riyad Mahrez

Status
Not open for further replies.
The best reflection of Manchester City football supporters is in my opinion Ian Cheeseman's Vlog on Youtube called 'Forever Blue'. He has a talent for letting other people speak, and it's the exact opposite of most commercial fan channels which are basically rant channels (although there are 2-3 good ones, depending entirely on the presenters.)

Football forums can be very busy and require heavy moderation and resources which means that their feel takes on the politics and beliefs of that group a bit like how they say the personality of a football team reflects that of their manager. That's entirely fair of course because it is at the end of the day their site, but it does mean that football forums don't always reflect the views of all a fanbase. The most interesting views are always the minority. How those views are dealt with is a measure.
Indeed, but possibly by definition the minority views are those of posters on football forums as the percentage of fans verses the percentage of members and active posters on forums is disproportionate (if you get what I mean).

An interesting question for anyone who can be arsed or is interested.

If you (sorry offensive part) were a Leicester fan would you ever want to win the league again? This is a genuinely serious question.

If you (sorry offensive part) were a Leicester fan would you ever want to win the league again? This is a genuinely serious question.
Of course I would, we spent long enough wanting to win something, that it was even a delight to win a third division play off, now there's something I wouldn't want to win again, similarly when we won the (now) championship with Keegan, it was the best season I've watched, even though I'd seen us win cups in the past.

If you as a fan doesn't ultimately want to win the PL again then you might as well give up. Your owners messed up when you won it, they could have consolidated in the top 6 with some shrewd signings, but they failed, but you did somehow breach the gap, so it was criminal to not strengthen straight away. In recent seasons though, this has become the norm, and its become nearly impossible to win it consecutively, though I'm very much hoping we buck that trend....

I think this will go on right til the end of the summer. Obviously conditional on the peroxide growing out.

I don't think it's being difficult or even down to money - there's nothing coming out in the press about that which there would be if either side was trying to negotiate. Take the Jorginho transfer where everyone is posturing with us releasing a bunch of alternative names as if to say we can walk away if they don't lower the price. We're not getting that with Mahrez, it's just silence.

I think this one is done, all negotiations finished, just on the back burner. Either because it's completely done and dusted, and they're just preoccupied with Jorginho or because as @BillyShears mentioned on his podcast the other day, that with PSG potentially about to get slammed by FFP, lots of movement might happen suddenly in the market as players want out and big clubs look to sell to fund buying any potential wantaways, and we might not want to be left on the sidelines if any really spectacular players became available because we blew all our money on Mahrez prematurely.

Not to mention the situation at Sporting, most of the players wanting out of the club. Would there likely be any good players that City is keeping an eye on?

Yes of course but surely the fact you won the league means you should be at least aiming to win one of the cups......so if I were a fan that would be my expectation from the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.