Riyad Mahrez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there,

Fellow Leicester Fan in peace.

I have been following us for 41 years having attended my first game at the age of 7 - a certain Gary Lineker on his debut of my memory serves me correctly.

Riyad is an absolute genius of a player, quite simply the most talented, gifted and natural player I have ever seen don the royal blue shirt. Frank Worthington was - until RM the most talented player I have seen play for us but quite simply RM would have him in his pocket.

You are buying a player that has won the league, played in the champions league, won player of the season and was a balloon d’or nominee, put in a nutshell any fee you pay that is south of £100 million is a very good investment.

I would love to see him play for us next season but has earnt the right to go on and prove himself at another club.

I am certain that if he joins you you will admire him and his genius in the same way that not only Leicester fans have but, indeed the worldwide audience that THAT season bestowed on football.

All the best.

Hi there,

I have been following us for 41 years having attended my first game at the age of 7 - a certain Gary Lineker on his debut of my memory serves me correctly.

Riyad is an absolute genius of a player, quite simply the most talented, gifted and natural player I have ever seen don the royal blue shirt. Frank Worthington was - until RM the most talented player I have seen play for us but quite simply RM would have him in his pocket.

You are buying a player that has won the league, played in the champions league, won player of the season and was a balloon d’or nominee, put in a nutshell any fee you pay that is south of £100 million is a very good investment.

I would love to see him play for us next season but has earnt the right to go on and prove himself at another club.

I am certain that if he joins you you will admire him and his genius in the same way that not only Leicester fans have but, indeed the worldwide audience that THAT season bestowed on football.

All the best.
You sir are a legend, and we are very excited to have a talent like mahrez hopefully joining us! Welcome and hope you stick around!

(Daily question)..is it done yet?
Closest comments I can find right now.. Twitter though :/

“In the case of Riyad Mahrez, the transfer fee was "informally" agreed a while back and now is formally agreed. Same with his personal terms. As reported by the Leicester Mercury a few weeks back the only thing holding the deal back was agent fees. That is also now agreed. #RM26“

Hi there,

All the best.

Good morning fellow youngster! I saw my first match at Maine Road in 1959.

I think RM is a terrific player. I did wonder whether the Championship season might be the best we might ever see but he has disproved those misgivings. Indeed the way he responded to the personal disappointment of last season's transfer saga after he came back to the fold told you a lot about his character.

I presume that Leicester's management are currently scouring the planet looking for a worthwhile player to invest the funds we will provide.

I am sure that he will flourish here and that under Pep, as they all seem to, he will improve even more as a player. I hope he will understand that in this squad periodic bench sitting is par for the course, but even then he will probably get 30-40 matches minimum.

I guess he is thinking that he lost an opportunity to be part of our amazing season last year but surely he will have further chances this year, and, if a player like him doesn't enjoy the Pep way I will be extremely surprised.

Hi there,

All the best.
Nice post mate. Frank Worthington, what a player he was. I remember a goal he scored, think it was against Ipswich, but may have been for Bolton not Leicester I think?

You sir are a legend, and we are very excited to have a talent like mahrez hopefully joining us! Welcome and hope you stick around!

+1. Used to watch Leicester way back (‘68 - 71) when I was at Leicester Uni and couldn’t get back to watch the Blues at Maine Road. Travelled down to (and back from) the ‘69 Cup Final with a City-supporting mate on a train full of Leicester fans! They were very gracious in defeat and I remember them chanting “2 - 4 - 6 - 8 - 10, Fuckin’ ‘ell we lost again!”. Andy Lochhead, I recall, missed a sitter late on. Lenny Glover was the player I loved to watch in those days. My mate later taught Gary Lineker at City of Leicester Boys.

(Daily question)..is it done yet?

At the risk of being belittled and shot down yet again I would suggest that City, Leicester and Mahrez are still arguing over money?

was never going to be easy with kia involved!!

I don't think it's being difficult or even down to money - there's nothing coming out in the press about that which there would be if either side was trying to negotiate. Take the Jorginho transfer where everyone is posturing with us releasing a bunch of alternative names as if to say we can walk away if they don't lower the price. We're not getting that with Mahrez, it's just silence.

I think this one is done, all negotiations finished, just on the back burner. Either because it's completely done and dusted, and they're just preoccupied with Jorginho or because as @BillyShears mentioned on his podcast the other day, that with PSG potentially about to get slammed by FFP, lots of movement might happen suddenly in the market as players want out and big clubs look to sell to fund buying any potential wantaways, and we might not want to be left on the sidelines if any really spectacular players became available because we blew all our money on Mahrez prematurely.

Thanks for the responses.

I find it interesting looking at other fans forums, gives a little perspective on things.

Except if you visit the Sunderland one...on my goodness.

I don't think it's being difficult or even down to money - there's nothing coming out in the press about that which there would be if either side was trying to negotiate. Take the Jorginho transfer where everyone is posturing with us releasing a bunch of alternative names as if to say we can walk away if they don't lower the price. We're not getting that with Mahrez, it's just silence.

I think this one is done, all negotiations finished, just on the back burner. Either because it's completely done and dusted, and they're just preoccupied with Jorginho or because as @BillyShears mentioned on his podcast the other day, that with PSG potentially about to get slammed by FFP, lots of movement might happen suddenly in the market as players want out and big clubs look to sell to fund buying any potential wantaways, and we might not want to be left on the sidelines if any really spectacular players became available because we blew all our money on Mahrez prematurely.

A few press reports of Leicester wanting Roberts in part ex. Good points about PSG and then having to possibly unload players. I would have thought that this is unlikely though?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.