Riyad Mahrez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Makes sense why we not hearing much news on this one, a local Leicester newspaper reporting "no open dialogue" between us and Leicester......

Mahrez is due back in pre-season training on July 2nd...

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/...ews/what-happening-riyad-mahrezs-move-1693258

What is happening with Riyad Mahrez's move from Leicester City to Manchester City
Expected move to the Etihad Stadium has not materialised yet for Mahrez.

Riyad Mahrez’s expected move to Manchester City appears to have stalled.

After Leicester City stood firm in the January window and rejected Manchester City’s offer of £50 million plus attacking midfielder Patrick Roberts, and Mahrez’s obvious disappointment, it was expected a deal would be resurrected when the summer window opened.

Mahrez’s agent Kia Joorabchian has been working hard to try to broker a deal between the Premier League champions and City but there is currently no open dialogue between the two clubs, the Mercury understands.
I wonder if Mahrez has waived any fees
he’s due or Kia for that matter?

I wonder if Mahrez has waived any fees
he’s due or Kia for that matter?

I think this is why this deal is going to be so difficult....Reportedly Mahrez/agent are expecting a big hand out when he's sold, Leicester disagree and wont drop their valuation and as we saw from Jan, we not willing to meet their asking price. Now its getting reported, the clubs are not even talking at present. It was reported that one of the main reasons we went after Mahrez and Jorginho is no WC so we'd be able to get them in for pre-season. Even tho there is still a long way to go in transfer window I just cant see us sitting and waiting on this right up until August. This is a messy one and in my opinion, I'd start thinking about moving on....I would love to see Mahrez on our team next season but we can do without another Sanchez situation.

Thank god the world cup is on because this transfer window is shite.

Jorginho I'll be happy with but Mahrez I'm not fussed about at all. Decent player but shouldn't be a priority and Leicester are taking the piss.

I think this is why this deal is going to be so difficult....Reportedly Mahrez/agent are expecting a big hand out when he's sold, Leicester disagree and wont drop their valuation and as we saw from Jan, we not willing to meet their asking price. Now its getting reported, the clubs are not even talking at present. It was reported that one of the main reasons we went after Mahrez and Jorginho is no WC so we'd be able to get them in for pre-season. Even tho there is still a long way to go in transfer window I just cant see us sitting and waiting on this right up until August. This is a messy one and in my opinion, I'd start thinking about moving on....I would love to see Mahrez on our team next season but we can do without another Sanchez situation.
Even if he agreed to waive his severance money Leicester would find something else to salami with.
Beginning to look as though we are elsewhere and just using this as a diversion if recent info is factual.
Alternatively, if info is incorrect then delay in contract completion ie verbally agreed already may suit one or both parties.

Just in, dont know how reliable the guy is though..

Pretty much what the Leicester newspaper was reporting and now M.E.N is also following suit. It wouldnt surprise me if we have learnt from Jan and willing to walk away and not leave this to the last minute....Think he would be great in this team but if reports are true, maybe its best to move on now and find another option...

Honestly, at current rates, I'm not too shocked by the prospect of £75,000,000 straight cash for Mahrez if that's what we can get (look at Pogba's price, and generally all prices since last summer; Coutinho quoted as having gone for £142,000,000). I suspect we'll come to an arrangement about this and if we don't, well, hey, we've still got a few good players with us. The only thing that would make me a bit uncomfortable would be LIverpool paying their asking price, and Mahrez deciding that he wants to go anyway.
By the way, I never understand the comment “It's not your money”. Well, actually, as a lifelong supporter of City, it is, in a sense, “my” money, in that I am concerned by all things that this club does, and the way it spends is one of them.

Im glad that our club are no longer walkovers when it comes to transfers. With all the talk last week of walking away from jorginho and now this. It shows we are no longer every clubs cash cow as we were a few years ago. Time for mahrez to play his part again.

, I never understand the comment “It's not your money”. Well, actually, as a lifelong supporter of City, it is, in a sense, “my” money, in that I am concerned by all things that this club does, and the way it spends is one of them

We as supporters pay tickets, among other things, so in a sense its our money and how the club decides to spend is of our concern. So yes, glad we dont do shit business anymore.

Honestly, at current rates, I'm not too shocked by the prospect of £75,000,000 straight cash for Mahrez if that's what we can get (look at Pogba's price, and generally all prices since last summer; Coutinho quoted as having gone for £142,000,000). I suspect we'll come to an arrangement about this and if we don't, well, hey, we've still got a few good players with us. The only thing that would make me a bit uncomfortable would be LIverpool paying their asking price, and Mahrez deciding that he wants to go anyway.
By the way, I never understand the comment “It's not your money”. Well, actually, as a lifelong supporter of City, it is, in a sense, “my” money, in that I am concerned by all things that this club does, and the way it spends is one of them.
I agree prices have increased but City have their own valuation which they will probably not yet change and we will simply move on and develop another player into the squad.

I think self sufficiency means controlling costs as one of the best ways to influence profits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.