Riyad Mahrez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well we got 100 points without Mahrez and we will not be worse in terms of quality, so no sweat here. Presumably we will just go for somebody else.

Im glad that our club are no longer walkovers when it comes to transfers. With all the talk last week of walking away from jorginho and now this. It shows we are no longer every clubs cash cow as we were a few years ago. Time for mahrez to play his part again.
Won’t stop the continuing :
‘Bottomless pit’
‘Oil money’
‘FFP needs to be applied’
‘Billions’
‘FIFA cheat mode’

...Type comments from the scaffold.

But at least we know the facts as of now:
Profitable
Standalone
Not insane spending
Realistic
Leaders not trailers

Leicester didn’t budge when he pushed last time to leave so why would they now?
I can't imagine he'll stay. He'd surely be livid. So they have to sell - they just want him to go to the higher bidder. I'm beginning to think that won't be us. ( just like Sanchez and possibly vandyke)

I can't imagine he'll stay. He'd surely be livid. So they have to sell - they just want him to go to the higher bidder. I'm beginning to think that won't be us. ( just like Sanchez and possibly vandyke)

But we still won the league in a canter without them trust in pep we will not be held to ransom no more let the rags do that

Im glad that our club are no longer walkovers when it comes to transfers. With all the talk last week of walking away from jorginho and now this. It shows we are no longer every clubs cash cow as we were a few years ago. Time for mahrez to play his part again.

I think we in a difficult position. On one hand we want to be "standalone" and no longer go out and pay whatever teams ask but on the other hand, the chairman already said, we cant just buy "squad" players....we have to buy world class to push the current squad to even better things. This often means buying other teams best players and that is going to cost. We need to spend to stay on top, I guess the issue is buying "clever". Someone like Sane was only 40 plus mil. Maybe somone like Bailey who is still young and not proven at top level would give us better value and allow Pep to mold....

That would be Mahrez choice.

If he tells any other clubs to do one, then holds out for City, I imagine he'd get the move. If, like Sanchez, he is tempted by others, we would walk away.

If
I think we in a difficult position. On one hand we want to be "standalone" and no longer go out and pay whatever teams ask but on the other hand, the chairman already said, we cant just buy "squad" players....we have to buy world class to push the current squad to even better things. This often means buying other teams best players and that is going to cost. We need to spend to stay on top, I guess the issue is buying "clever". Someone like Sane was only 40 plus mil. Maybe somone like Bailey who is still young and not proven at top level would give us better value and allow Pep to mold....
If we are in a difficult position then the rest of the league are in a far worse position surely?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.