The NHS and its future

I object to picking up the tab for old folks non medical care so that they can hand their house on to their kids.
Medical needs should be met no argument.
Social needs should be met by the recipient.

OR

Increase/extend NI to cover a large chunk of it.

Are you objecting to people working over 65 paying NI or not, cos currently they don’t, no matter how much they earn.
No I’m objecting to retired people paying NI, NI out of my wage is almost as much as income tax these days, as for handing over your house etc, then why should we all bother building up a legacy for our kids and then just hand it over, I would think the 50 odd years of NI contributions should be more than enough, or is it we are again supplementing those who decide not to save for the future or contribute to society. I will be making damn sure my daughter gets every penny of what I’ve worked for. If I have a pension then that can be used to help fund my arse been wiped but my house and savings will be going to her, save for a rainy day so it can be taken off you, bollocks.
What’s the difference between medical and social needs, what do you class as social?

The NHS will face rapidly increased privatisation post Brexit.

As unemployment rises and the tax take falls the Tories will have the excuse they need. We are currently being softened up with talk of major tax rises now that May's off message nonsense of a 'Brexit dividend' has been silenced.

It will be sold on the basis that the NHS is unsustainable in the modern age and private enterprise will step in making money as usual.

Very sad.

Theres a lot wrong with the NHS when they can systematically kill people for 20 years as in Gosport, also Hyde & Bristol

The NHS will face rapidly increased privatisation post Brexit.

As unemployment rises and the tax take falls the Tories will have the excuse they need. We are currently being softened up with talk of major tax rises now that May's off message nonsense of a 'Brexit dividend' has been silenced.

It will be sold on the basis that the NHS is unsustainable in the modern age and private enterprise will step in making money as usual.

Very sad.

They got what they voted for .....

We have a lot of mental health in this country and a terribly funded service.

It's unfair to throw the selfish blanket on those that suffer due to a collapsed mental health service. Many are in need of individual care.

That **** that stands there wanting treatment in A+E arms aloft, is probably suffering from mental health way before drug induced psychosis ever kicked in.

However I agree that some folk need a rocket up their arse.

I’m gobsmacked that that hospital in London is finding funds for internet addiction, mainly game players, seriously if that’s your fucking problem give the console away!! Disgrace funds are being found for that instead of more worth while causes. Same with any fucker addicted to sex, you’ve a problem like either of those fund the treatment yourself.

I'm fairly sure they were illegal actions and not NHS policies.

Oh I'm sure you'll find, section two paragraph 306, that a patient's life maybe reduced if they become annoying or repetitive. In some cases if there Sense a of style doesn't match your own.

This is why I always wear corduroy's and checked shirt with 90s tie whenever I visit the GPS with a repetitive complaint.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.