World Cup 2018 | 21st June Matches | Next Match: Argentina vs Croatia, KO 19:00 (BST)

That manager hasn’t a clue. How can you waste the talents of this team? Compare to Croatia, a team maximising their talents.
Argentina make England look like world beaters

I think the biggest conclusion you can draw from Argentina is just how important Central midfield and full backs are. Excatly what Pep looked to reinvent at City.

I think the biggest conclusion you can draw from Argentina is just how important Central midfield and full backs are. Excatly what Pep looked to reinvent at City.
Well yeah, but Liverpool managed to get to the Champions League final without either. You can still play to your strengths, and Argentina have a lot of them.

Argentina were a complete shambles tonight. Toothless in attack and defensively were all at sea. Felt sorry for Aguero who had no service whatsoever.
Does their coach have any clues? He seemed more focused on pacing up and down his technical area.
Messi just strolled around and should have been replaced - his body language when he came out for the second half showed a complete lack of enthusiasm. The only player to emerge from the tunnel trying to get some motivation was Willy - and look at the major cock-up he made. Thank god he doesn't still play for us.
Sergio ran his balls off without luck and a complete lack of service. But Otamendi lost the plot totally in the second half.
They don't deserve to qualify on that showing.

Well it is when everyone keeps ignoring that he won the player of the tournament taking a rank average Argentina within a whisker of winning the thing in Brazil..

Didn’t win it though and that’s all that will be remembered in years to come

And this isn’t me having a dig at messi cos I think he’s the greatest player ever. I really wanted him to lead Argentina to glory So this debate could be put to bed, not gonna happen though unfortunately

Didn’t win it though and that’s all that will be remembered in years to come

And this isn’t me having a dig at messi cos I think he’s the greatest player ever. I really wanted him to lead Argentina to glory So this debate could be put to bed, not gonna happen though unfortunately
Messi saw this coming and finished playing for his country after the Copa America. His sponsors encouraged him to reneage on it and he's being punished for it now.

Danny De Vito couldn't get his head round that Croatia midfield dominance.
Nobody will fancy playing them after seeing that display.
A very real goal threat and not too shabby at the back either.
Not sure how their squad depth is if anyone gets suspended, but they are worth a flutter

the messi factor is what kills Argentina keep him out of the game and you are home and dry. but very poor from argentina in the setup and the whole team look just like england have over the past years going into the big tournaments and offer hope but lack the desire to complete the plans

Very true. As the usual suspects haven’t stood out they could be dark horses

Although you’d expect those usual suspects to up their game now

I agree. watching them last night you would think they had a chance but as you say, that is against what we have already seen and like you, I expect Spain and others to up the anti when it gets to the knock out stages

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.