World Cup 2018 | 2nd July | R16: Belgium vs Japan, KO 19:00 (BST)

Vinnie showing off his Kung Fu skills

u37vc.jpg

At the time I thought that was the end of him
I cringed a bit when I see this. All i could think of is the poor fella pulling a hammy.

Not a great performance by the Belgians but that last minute goal will give them a huge lift.

Now for Vertonghen or Fellani to land one on that big sissy Neymar

Belgium's build-up play was good for most of the match. Only thing lacking in the first half was final touch.
Vertonghen as a defender was utter dogshite, I thought. He did one good thing (which he didn't intend). If Belgium allow that much leeway to Brazil down that side they will be destroyed before the match even gets going.
Referring to Belgium's third, the commentator on the telly where I was watching it said enthusiastically, "And that's all down to Lukaku!". You could not make this stuff up. Do they know anything at all?
Cracking match, overall. I hope the Japanese are greeted like heroes when they get home. They were not one jot intimidated, they played their game, and played it well. Right to the end, they could have won it. The main difference I saw was that they couldn't compete in the muscle department, and especially not for everything that was in the air, and in the box.

Belgium's build-up play was good for most of the match. Only thing lacking in the first half was final touch.
Vertonghen as a defender was utter dogshite, I thought. He did one good thing (which he didn't intend). If Belgium allow that much leeway to Brazil down that side they will be destroyed before the match even gets going.
Referring to Belgium's third, the commentator on the telly where I was watching it said enthusiastically, "And that's all down to Lukaku!". You could not make this stuff up. Do they know anything at all?
Cracking match, overall. I hope the Japanese are greeted like heroes when they get home. They were not one jot intimidated, they played their game, and played it well. Right to the end, they could have won it. The main difference I saw was that they couldn't compete in the muscle department, and especially not for everything that was in the air, and in the box.

It (Lukaku bit) is in no small part accurate to be fair. The clumsy lump dummied it succesfully. It’s only when he comes into direct physical contact with the ball that matters usually end up ‘Laurel and Hardy’!

It (Lukaku bit) is in no small part accurate to be fair. The clumsy lump dummied it succesfully. It’s only when he comes into direct physical contact with the ball that matters usually end up ‘Laurel and Hardy’!

Firstly, full credit to Courtois for seeing the opportunity and getting the ball out rapidly. Do you not think that from there on in Kev was about 70% reponsible for that goal? That was a trademark burst upfield from him, sealed with a trademark perfectly weighted pass.

Firstly, full credit to Courtois for seeing the opportunity and getting the ball out rapidly. Do you not think that from there on in Kev was about 70% reponsible for that goal? That was a trademark burst upfield from him, sealed with a trademark perfectly weighted pass.

It was ALL down to what went before especially KDB. Think you missed the deliberate sarcasm re Lu(mp)kaku!?

Anyone notice the usual BBC approach pre-match? They picked a few players from each side and labelled them 'Ones to Watch'. The only one I can remember from Belgium was the Wunderkind Janusaj, if I remember ne'er got a kick. Apparently the Playmaker of the Season wasn't worth watching!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.