Media persecution of Raheem Sterling

I think Raz should go overseas, Id hate to lose him but Im thinking of him and his sanity.
He may well be thinking along those lines himself with his contract being unsigned and the possible arrival of Mahrez.

The Australian football analyst Craig Foster explained his role for England and how what he does is so important to the 'machine'
I dont expect any of the thicko's can see it though through the fog of their hatred and desire for Rashford to be in the team
Or he could just stay at City where everyone bar Tom and a few others values him.

Or he could just stay at City where everyone bar Tom and a few others values him.
I find it amazing that the Raheem doesn't seem to give a shit about the media - yet a few on here do. Who's under pressure here?

I value him a lot more for city than I do England where he had an incredible season. Playing with us suits him having better players around him making the most of his best asset which is his movement. Being balanced enough to say when he’s had a bad game or not look completely stupid and deluded to defend him on every occasion regardless of the situation doesn’t mean I don’t value him.

Many on here believe he can do no wrong because of the uncalled for shit he gets in the media, that’s admirable to stick up for one of our own until the end, you just lose credibility in any football opinion if you can’t see his flaws also. Have a great Friday. X

I value him a lot more for city than I do England where he had an incredible season. Playing with us suits him having better players around him making the most of his best asset which is his movement. Being balanced enough to say when he’s had a bad game or not look completely stupid and deluded to defend him on every occasion regardless of the situation doesn’t mean I don’t value him.

Many on here believe he can do no wrong because of the uncalled for shit he gets in the media, that’s admirable to stick up for one of our own until the end, you just lose credibility in any football opinion if you can’t see his flaws also. Have a great Friday. X
I think you are spot on there Tom. The shit he gets in the media is we would all agree well OTT, but that as you say has caused an over protective view in some who now cannot accept any criticism, even when justified.

You keep coming up with this fucking bullshit. No one on here that I can see thinks he can do no wrong so stop saying it. This thread is highlighting the fact that it doesnt matter what he does the media are only highlighting the negatives. If the media were more balanced in what they said and wrote this thread would not exist

The only person who has lost credibility is use with your OTT hatred of Sterling anyone who cheers a substitution of a player like it was a goal loses any chance to criticise others

Last edited:

Bah..... mint sauce....bah bah.... mint sauce

To be fair though, most of the media post the game against Colombia weren’t overly harsh, I saw plenty of positive comments (and as much negative ones about Alli as there was about Sterling). What they have been doing is overrating Kane’s performances in open play, but that’s a different issue.

The majority of the vitriol has transferred in to the fanbase, who are less likely to understand Raheems role in the bigger picture and focus on moments instead. Most people aren’t fanatical football fans or shape their opinions with nuance, particularly when it’s a World Cup and there’s even more (not even armchair) fans...

If that’s a reference to being a sheep you’re very much mistaken. Is there a reference for being a biased deluded blue? If so insert here.

The only person who has lost credibility is use with your OTT hatred of Sterling anyone who cheers a substitution of a player like it was a goal loses any chance to criticise others

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.