Joe Hart - thank you and good luck

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think people read way too much into Joe Hart's fall from grace. I spent some time in the US and watched Baseball a lot while there and they have a term called "a closers mentality" these are the guys that come in in the last innings and close the game out when it's tight(keep in mind that 1 season in the MLB is the same as 4 League seasons so they play ALOT). As you can imagine its a mentally challenging position in the same way that being a goalkeeper is and when you lose that mental edge through form, confidence or whatever it is so hard to get back(one only has to look at Bravo to see that at work in our current squad).

The bottomline is Pep/the club no longer rate Hart (we will never know for sure, was it something the club had already put in place or was it Pep for my money it was Pep because pretty much anyone that saw the team the year before Pep arrived would tell you we would be in desperate trouble if we didn't address the fullbacks on day one the fact that we spent as much as we did on a new keeper and didn't address the full-backs at all suggests that Pep didn't like what he saw). All that being said it doesn't diminish what Hart did for the club(I will never forget the performance he put on against Spurs on the opening day of Mancini's first full season we should have been thrashed that day and the fact we didn't showed a strength that we had been lacking upto that point). Personally I wish Hart all the best and hope he can find the strength to regain his form(although extremely unlikely to be at City). However, going back to my baseball analogy often even the best closers once they lose it mentally can never get it back and fall out of the league like a led balloon

Last edited:
Pep was constantly at him to play the ball out along the ground in that game against Arsenal having told him "I will make you a better keeper". Obviously Joe thought different!!!

Absolute bull, he was told he was surplus to requirements on his first day back as Joe has confirmed

What's telling is you lot keep insinuating things but can't or won't put up

New faces unrelated to me confirmed the same thing I heard. This person had mentioned Abu Dhabi a month before they came in along with why certain players left (confirmed in autobiographies.)

I often don’t like hearing it as it affects my support of the club.

New faces unrelated to me confirmed the same thing I heard. This person had mentioned Abu Dhabi a month before they came in along with why certain players left (confirmed in autobiographies.)

I often don’t like hearing it as it affects my support of the club.

Well be brave and tell us what it is then ?

Oh I see you don't want to reveal your source as he will get a slapped wrist lol

Joe Hart hasn’t been good enough for us for a few seasons. Not much room for conspiracy theories.

We have Joe a great send off a couple of years ago with 50,000 of us singing, “ Stand up if you love Joe Hart.”

Joe Hart hasn’t been good enough for us for a few seasons. Not much room for conspiracy theories.

We have Joe a great send off a couple of years ago with 50,000 of us singing, “ Stand up if you love Joe Hart.”

I’ll be sitting down. Always been an arrogant and controlling bully who causes problems. I find his exclusion from the England Squad hilarious. What a bruise to his ego.

Apart from Seaman, what is it with English Keepers who when they approach around 30 they seem to drop off alarmingly.

Particularly those in the England Team, James, Robinson, Green, Flowers etc for instance

James probably had the form of his career at Portsmouth as a 37 year old. Reclaimed the England number 1 jersey off the back of that.

James probably had the form of his career at Portsmouth as a 37 year old. Reclaimed the England number 1 jersey off the back of that.

Shilton. Clemence, Martyn probably a few more examples - all good in their mid 30s or longer. Green was always a average to good keeper and never declined either, whilst Carson was mid 20s when he fell from grace and still one of the best English keepers on last seasons form.

Absolute bull, he was told he was surplus to requirements on his first day back as Joe has confirmed

Hart quoted his status as England's first choice keeper and why he therefore didn't need to change. I can even tell you that he was sat down in a chair with his arms crossed when he told Pep and two of his coaches this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.