Joe Hart - thank you and good luck

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just watched the interview, very interesting.

Good luck Joe, and thanks for everything, sorry things didn't work out towards the end.

Quite possibly the worst distributor of the ball Ive ever seen...those goal kicks went out of bounds 90% of the time(unless the idea was field position...?) But ...thanks for the memories big guy

That was a big flaw in his game and it never improved from when he first came into the team. Mind you, Bert wasn't a good kicker of the ball either. He was however a great thrower, with both distance & accuracy, a skill that Joe didn't possess.
When it came to fast reaction saves Joe was the nearest to Bert I've ever seen.
Maybe the blonde hair had something to do with it.

Many terrific memories thanks, Joe. Glad for him the chaos of the last couple of years is behind him. Hope he does well at Burnley. He’s much better than any other English keeper when he’s at his best.

That was a big flaw in his game and it never improved from when he first came into the team. Mind you, Bert wasn't a good kicker of the ball either. He was however a great thrower, with both distance & accuracy, a skill that Joe didn't possess.

I honestly can only remember Joe hoofing it out of play once or twice in his final season with us.
The other seasons though........

Well said, Blue.. agree with many of the points you describe here.. City has had many goalkeeping greats down the generations, from Frank Swift (who I didn’t see play) to Bert Trautmann, Joe Corrigan and Tony Coton (each of whom I did see play) and Joe Hart comfortably claims his spot alongside each of them as a City ‘great’.. Like all great players he has his flaws but over the piece he brought more to the table than most players and his contribution to City’s recent successes should never be underestimated.. Wishing you every success at Burnley, Joe (except against us!)

Cheers Blue.

You’re not wrong about Trautmann’s throwing! Started so many counter attacks.. though his ‘best clearance’ was actually a kick, when he’d conceded for the umpteenth time at home against West Ham in 1962 (they beat us home and away 6-1 helping us get relegated) and the legendary ‘Bert’s temper’ finally snapped with his defence and the ref over a disputed goal, so he belted the ball out, hitting the ref on the back, prompting the ref to send him off! Joe’s distribution has never been the best but, as you say, what a shot stopper.. Everton away in 2014 especially!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.