Chelsea thread 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sarri's 13 year career stats (all teams managed):

Games played - 405
Games won - 192
Win percentage - 47.41%
Trophies won - 0
Well he spent a lot of time in Italian non-league and Serie B, and then came close to overthrowing Juventus (who have won the last 7 titles). Not sure how he could have realistically been expected to win titles until now. His career has been a steady progression to the top. Seems like a good appointment to me. They’ll be playing Guardiola-esque football in 12-18 months... if Roman sticks with him for that long!

Never rotated at Napoli has he the option at Chelsea to do that? Pep type of football he needs time with players also need the right players who are 100% behind it, plus top notch players to play that way. Be interesting to see how long Chelsea players take to get up to speed with the Pep way.

I will be interested to watch Chelsea next season and see what shape their midfield takes. I cannot see them winning the league but they should be able to have a decent crack at the top four. I guess that would be that absolute minimum for Sarri to make it to the following season.

I am a bit surprised by Jorginho's decision to move there. I can see that he maybe wanted to play with his Napoli manager but it will take a lot of work to get their players working as an effective system whereas he could have slotted into our smoothly running machine. I expect he will get some stick if he plays in the Community Shield.

Cannot wait for the season to start now!

I don't think it's obvious that Hazard and Courtois want to leave. In fact, I think they'll both stay and sign new contracts. Hazard has said since April that he wants to stay but the club need to refresh the squad with new players. Yes, he used the world cup as a convenient excuse to not get drawn into contract talks but I think once the dust on the world cup has settled and he has met with Sarri and Zola, he'll sign a new contract before the end of August.

I think Willian's problem was with Conte, and with Conte out, I think Willian has no reason to be upset anymore. That said, I think most Chelsea would gladly see sell him to Barcelona tomorrow. Jorginho is another quality midfielder to the ONE we already have, so let's not pretend he isn't a massive improvement to our midfield - we had Bakayoko, Cesc and Drinkwater shuffling about next to Kante last season.

I do generally agree that we need couple of more signings on top of Jorginho. Apparently Golovin is close to happening, we have been sporadically linked with Martial and Bailey, both would walk into our first 11.

Hazard defo wants to leave.

Didn't Sarri say (referring to Juventus) something along the lines of he doesn't need to buy a ton of players his job is to coach them up. Be interesting to see if he has the same approach at a club with much more cash.

Higuain soon to be completed for a fee of around €65m -£60m to Chelski.

Sarri reacquainting with another ex-Napoli player.

What did you think of his interview that was released today?

I think he has always liked the idea of playing for Real Madrid. We have known that since he signed in 2012. Chelsea have put the ball firmly in his court by openly saying Hazard would need to put a transfer request in before such a move can even be considered. I doubt he will hand that transfer request in. Also, so far, there have been zero offers from Madrid.

It obviously wasn't the most comforting interview to hear, but I still don't think there was anything there to suggest here's going to push (create a fuss) for a move. Unlike Courtois, who's family is unsettled and wants to live in Madrid, Hazard's family seem happy and settled in London.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.