Motorhome rental..

Bluesince1979

anyone done it ? 2 adults 2 small kids.

What would you expect to pay for a week in aug for a 4 birth?
Is it worth it or easier to just book in a few B&Bs if you were doing a bit of a week long road trip?

Often thought about doing it but it is the thought of packing everything up if you want visit anywhere or want to go to the supermarket.

All depends on what you want to do, where you want to go and where you want to stay.
If your looking to stay in towns and villages then B&B, rural forests, mountain views or secluded coastal bay's then I would definitely look at hiring a Moho.
A friend of mine bought one a couple of months ago and are now in Sligo wild camping the wild Atlantic way and it looks superb, stopping whereever you like (within reason), making a brew or a glass of red watching the sunset, off the next day, into a village for a look about and to replenish anything they are running short of then off to find the next night's stopover.
What age are the children and are they energetic types that would enjoy coastal pools, or more interested in books or electronic games?

It's a false economy in my opinion. You still pay top-dollar pitch fees at camp sites for your motor home. Factor in the rental costs etc and you're worse off. Stick to your car and stay in hotels, it'll work out cheaper and less restrictive. Never understood the whole camper van thing. I love the vehicles though and would like to have one but they're a rich man's toy really.

We get hundreds around here. From a touring POV they seem ok and we've thought about our selves but.......they are expensive in the main season, expensive to run, trouble around small towns and villages and you have to bolt everythinq down if you want to move for any reason, you do have the option of just upping sticks and going anywhere. Having said that they are popular, being driven mainly by moochers with cockerpoos and the latest sat nav complete with front and rear dash cam who have nothing better to do than clog up the highways and biways whilst honest citizens try and go about the their daily grind.

In France you can only stop at approved motorhome sites.
No wild camping over there.

Sligo wild camping the wild Atlantic way and it looks superb

It is, but tell him to get north to Donegal to be completely stunned.

OP we’ve rented a couple of times from South West Campers and August is about £750 a week for VW T6 which can sleep 2 adults and two kids in the pop up roof. It’s a bit more for a coach built. Rent an awning and set it up with table and chairs to eat / play games. We park up and walk everywhere or bus it if we’re knackered or half cut. With the weather we’ve had this year, you’ll do well to beat this type of holiday.

All depends on what you want to do, where you want to go and where you want to stay.
If your looking to stay in towns and villages then B&B, rural forests, mountain views or secluded coastal bay's then I would definitely look at hiring a Moho.
A friend of mine bought one a couple of months ago and are now in Sligo wild camping the wild Atlantic way and it looks superb, stopping whereever you like (within reason), making a brew or a glass of red watching the sunset, off the next day, into a village for a look about and to replenish anything they are running short of then off to find the next night's stopover.
What age are the children and are they energetic types that would enjoy coastal pools, or more interested in books or electronic games?

The kids would be 4 and 7 and 100% out doorsy.

Get what everyones saying about false economy / cheaper staying in BandBs etc but its really to scratch the itch.

Swift Motorhomes have a large compound full of vehicles for hire behind Pear Mill in Stockport. All look new and in good Nick.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.