Who now then?...

Not sure why blues keep saying saying about ‘players being out of our budget’ when referring to any incoming transfers.

The transfer policy is City have a price range for a certain player and will try and get that player within that range, obviously it does not always work to plan, but we as the buying club stick within that range and overall that has worked well the last few seasons.

The club have already stated if players become available who are considered elite, then the funds are and would be made available.

I think Weigl would be a sensible option.

More of a Fernandinho-Jorginho inbetweener, better defensively than the latter and a more natural regista than the former. He is very young too so can be moulded by Pep.
He's also come off a slightly mixed season so as far as the money involved it'd probably be the most efficient time to buy him.

Manu Trigueros looks a good player, never heard of him before.

Ever Banega maybe a shorter team option, supposedly a 17m buyout

Ideally, if the idea is to sign someone who will help break down parked buses, one of the necessary attributes the player needs is a good long/clipped pass. Last thing we want to do is bring KDB back to that position in such games, we need him higher up threading passes and making crosses.

Last edited:
i would go for Rabiot a very underrated player not wanted by his club, as a Yaya replacement he would be ideal, not sure that Pep wants another midfield powerhouse though after that Ndombele looks great and i wanted him before Jorginho as did a lot of city fans, they say he is not available but that for me is dependent on the terms

i would go for Rabiot a very underrated player not wanted by his club, as a Yaya replacement he would be ideal, not sure that Pep wants another midfield powerhouse though after that Ndombele looks great and i wanted him before Jorginho as did a lot of city fans, they say he is not available but that for me is dependent on the terms
I think it might be “character” that is keeping so many players from consideration. Pep is a big believer in creating a very cohesive dressing room. Rabiot has already publicly spit his dummy out once, so that might be an issue.

I think it might be “character” that is keeping so many players from consideration. Pep is a big believer in creating a very cohesive dressing room. Rabiot has already publicly spit his dummy out once, so that might be an issue.
you are almost certainly right and not just once, twice with PSG and once with France which is a shame for him as last year when everybody was raving about Veratti Rabiot was out playing him week in week out

Rabiot doesn't want to be a 6. It's the reason he's pissed at PSG. That's the thing about the single pivot position, the guys who'd be best at it feel wasted there. How many national teams even use a pep style 6? Spain is about it.

Kovacic looks dead in the water now.
We're going to go into the new season with only fernandinho who can truly play the pivot role correctly.
Think it's going to cost us at some point

This is the only position that worries me for the coming season. Fern perhaps had his golden year ( like Ya ya a few years ago ) last season but with a poor, disappointing wc and age gathering speed I would be very surprised if he carries on the way he left off for another full hard season.
As regards existing squad players filling the role I cannot see anyone who fits the attributes we have come to expect. Delph would frighten me to death in this position. Whilst a much improved player he does have a tendency to lose the ball at vital times. Gundogan I like but does he have the speed and energy?
Hard position to fill and I am disappointed that we have missed out on our targets over the last few months. Get the cheque book out and lighten the burden for our one and only Fernandhino.

There's still a fantastic footballer in Weigl, despite a poor and injury filled season. I think Pep can get the best out of him as long as his fitness holds up. I wonder if his price would be a bit lower than previously considering his form and fitness. Otherwise, I guess Gundo, Delph and probably Danilo would provide cover for Ferna.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.