'All Or Nothing' - discussion of documentary

Just heard an advert on talksport advertising the documentary full of some of those great sound bites. Wow, just listening to those Catalonian dulcet tone gives me a man love rush! Don’t tell the wife...:)

The Liverpool games in particular. It sounds stupid when we lost 5-1 on aggregate to blame decisions, but if the legitimate away goal is given and the legitimate goal at the end of the first half, we go into halftime in the second game in the lead. Obviously you can never say that, because if we had an away goal, Liverpool might have played differently. But to get two wrongly disallowed goals in a knockout game against the same opponents is ridiculous.

Ultimately Liverpool managed the games quite well and made the most of their opportunities. But it certainly hinges on finer-margins than i have tended to remember that tie. There seems to be a feeling now, even amongst City fans confident that we'll win the league again, that it's inevitable that we'll lose at Anfield. I've tended to forget all the problems we caused them because we only scored once in 180 minutes, but at the very least it should have legitimately been much closer and we're certainly owed a bit of luck.

Just finished the whole thing. Was so enjoyable and insightful.

Episode 7 is so depressing though

Saw KM say to Yaya, before his shirt presentation, in episode 7, I think?:
"You'll always be part of the City family"

After his Pep outbursts is he "persona non grata" now at club?

Does anyone know if he was invited to the premier at the printworks?

The Liverpool games in particular. It sounds stupid when we lost 5-1 on aggregate to blame decisions, but if the legitimate away goal is given and the legitimate goal at the end of the first half, we go into halftime in the second game in the lead. Obviously you can never say that, because if we had an away goal, Liverpool might have played differently. But to get two wrongly disallowed goals in a knockout game against the same opponents is ridiculous.

No-one to blame but ourselves for the rag game though, even though we had at least one clear penalty. It was our own fault that we were in a position where we were relying on that for a draw.
Decisions in both CL games v Liverpool were at least incompetent, but bordering on corrupt, as was the selection of officials.

First game we had a legitimate goal disallowed, a cast iron penalty ignored and they had an offside goal allowed.
Second game we had another legitimate goal disallowed as well as a penalty. Uefa really don't want us to win the CL.

Against the rags there were 3 strong penalty claims ignored, including a blatant handball that prevented Sterling tapping in and a leg breaker on Sergio that should have seen a red card. We did miss chances but if the officials had done their job competently the game would have been over.

Decisions in both CL games v Liverpool were at least incompetent, but bordering on corrupt, as was the selection of officials.

First game we had a legitimate goal disallowed, a cast iron penalty ignored and they had an offside goal allowed.
Second game we had another legitimate goal disallowed as well as a penalty. Uefa really don't want us to win the CL.

Against the rags there were 3 strong penalty claims ignored, including a blatant handball that prevented Sterling tapping in and a leg breaker on Sergio that should have seen a red card. We did miss chances but if the officials had done their job competently the game would have been over.
Great post, well said mate. The officiating in all three games was, indeed, “somewhat eccentric” to say the least.

And just for the record, I’ve no doubt whatsoever that the same “rules” will apply when we visit Klanfield again this year, thus ensuring we’ll come away with nothing once again

Last edited:
Done. Done. Done. Done. Done. Done. Done. Done.

Very, very enjoyable and insightful.

Pep appears solidly on the spectrum and I feel like he has such a large staff, including his water polo buddy, to help him to concentrate on one thing, and one thing alone...football!

The camaraderie is mind blowing. But, it will be interesting to see what happens if we have any kind of bad patch. I have a feeling there are a few lads in that dressing room who know how to speak up, and (thankfully!) we appear to have quite a few leaders who can keep that positive and constructive.

Pep’s team talks were the best part for me, and the Silva video at the end was a gulper. Need him to step up this season, especially now KDB is crocked.

9/10...-1 because there were only 8 episodes and the season had just too much going on to get it all into the series!

Done. Done. Done. Done. Done. Done. Done. Done.

Very, very enjoyable and insightful.

Pep appears solidly on the spectrum and I feel like he has such a large staff, including his water polo buddy, to help him to concentrate on one thing, and one thing alone...football!

The camaraderie is mind blowing. But, it will be interesting to see what happens if we have any kind of bad patch. I have a feeling there are a few lads in that dressing room who know how to speak up, and (thankfully!) we appear to have quite a few leaders who can keep that positive and constructive.

Pep’s team talks were the best part for me, and the Silva video at the end was a gulper. Need him to step up this season, especially now KDB is crocked.

9/10...-1 because there were only 8 episodes and the season had just too much going on to get it all into the series!
Agree with everything you say, although iv only watched the first one, the only thing I don't agree with is you using the word "crocked" to describe a City player being injured, that's a word the gutter press use, and we all know what them scumbags are like.

I think you've got that backwards, security guy to me seemed to say if it happens, it happens, and Ferran wanted to be 'vocal to our fans and say this can't happen' / 'have other teams that have won the leage managed to not have an invasion?'
Interesting as I took it another way,
To me Ferran was doing his job by asking if they could stop it, as he should, but he kept pushing the fact that it might be impossible so wanted the others to confirm it and let the fans get on with it, he really didn’t seem that interested in stopping it at all imo.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.