'All Or Nothing' - discussion of documentary

Just binged all 8. Loved every second of it.

How the fuck didn’t we beat united.

The small margins between us and Liverpool in the 2 CL games were astonishing. They had every ounce of luck and we had none. We could play those games another 5 times and i think we’d win them all.

I think the biggest compliment I can give is for the first time in about 15 years I haven’t been down the pirate route.... only 2 in and it’s sensational, Pep is simply on a different planet and it puts perspective on why he won’t be doing it in his late 50s, A complete sociopath, my kind of guy!!

Loved the moment a kid asked Vinny what was Mandela's crime. I wondered how Vinny would frame his answer... and he nailed it. Got all emotional.

“What does that mean?” (Kompany’s brother-in-law pointing to his 99 treble shirt)

“It means you’re living in the past” (Kompany)

The overriding impression is that City did their homework when buying players like Danilo, Gundogan, Bernardo, Laporte,,(and even Bravo),all of whom seemed happy to wait patiently on the periphery, before eventually contributing to the team’s performance.

It also spoke volumes that despite so much social media activity amongst the players, the circumstances regarding Silva’s personal difficulties were kept private.

Silva’s final speech was a real tear jerker, and it was pleasing to see Yaya leaving on such a positive high note.

Apart from the obvious pain of certain defeats, the only uneasy moment surrounded Sterling’s miss at Burnley, and Guardiola’s subsequent whispered post mortem with his coaching staff.

There was also a strange flash of insecurity, just before the game at Everton, when Guardiola seemed preoccupied with Anfield, and the fear that Salah’s pace might expose our wing back,

However, this isn’t so much a niggle as surprise that City allowed it to be shown.

Oh, and why was John Stones dressed as a bunny rabbit?

I must admit to underestimating Artetas role, he clearly is far more important than I realised and the series is bringing this out.

I wonder if when the day comes when Pep eventually leaves us it will be Arteta who takes the reins?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.