Leroy Sane - 2018/2019 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Meh...

Sane is a default lazy player - but under Pep, he's listened and has upped his game considerably.

When first in our squad he was extremely lazy, never putting in a shift on defense.

But he's matured - Sane now presses every game I see him play.

He's still a work in progress on offense - sometimes over dribbling or giving the ball away - but his attitude is great. He'll drive forward with the ball, taking on defenders and more often than not, beating them for pace. Once ahead of his defender, he'll more often than not make a good cross or take an excellent shot on goal.

I don't buy into this lax body-language argument at all.
He has indeed listened.
I suspect he didn't start against Arsenal or Huddersfield due to his poor performance in the Community Shield. More importantly if Mendy plays in a wing back role, then Sane has to improve his general midfield and defensive play.

If Sane doesn't start a game must it always be because of attitude issues? I think people are reading too much into these occurences. I mean Sterling, Mahrez and Walker didn't even start on Sunday. When you have a hugely talented bunch such as ours, people will have to be left out of starting elevens from time to time.

I feel his best characteristics come out with a bit of space ahead of him - so not against the teams that park the bus. So I wasn't surprised he didn't play against Huddersfield.

I feel his best characteristics come out with a bit of space ahead of him - so not against the teams that park the bus. So I wasn't surprised he didn't play against Huddersfield.

Yeah, I would imagine he'll start most games against the top six and in Europe.

ideal player to come on when we are leading and the oppo decide its about time they attacked leaving gaps at the back, I get the mahrez signing now,hes a bit like b silva,and I couldn't understand why he wanted two similar "wingers" the plan wasn't to blitz teams who park the bus,it was to pass pass pass until they didn't know their arse from their elbows,simple but it will prove very affective.

ideal player to come on when we are leading and the oppo decide its about time they attacked leaving gaps at the back, I get the mahrez signing now,hes a bit like b silva,and I couldn't understand why he wanted two similar "wingers" the plan wasn't to blitz teams who park the bus,it was to pass pass pass until they didn't know their arse from their elbows,simple but it will prove very affective.
Mahrez is not that much of a passer though. It's his dribbling skill is what we covet the most.

Even Leroy admitted he was the best dribbler on the squad. That was a tool we we're lacking.

That sub appearance against wolves was fucking abysmal. The ball was bouncing off him at all angles rather than being controlled. 2 corners that didn't get beyond the first man and 1 that he put out of play. Something's wrong with him. I hope Pep can sort him out as I'd be gutted to see him leave as when he's got his head on he's unplayable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.