Leroy Sane - 2018/2019 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watching the space Mendy was occupying in attacks doesnt make much sense to stick Sane front of him.

The arrival of Mahrez and Mendy's comeback looks to me to reasons for Sane's game time to be cut seriously. Maybe I am wrong but will be interested to see how Pep is approaching this situation. Is he going for automatic rotation like next game vs Huddersfield Sane is back in to start or is he gonna wait until someone hits bad form and then Sane is gonna have couple of games to prove himself.

Certainly injuries gonna play a part.

Sane and Mendy can co-exist. Sane had to play wide left last season because Mendy was out. Delph hardly overlapped and provided width out left so Sane had to stay wide and be a true winger. With Mendy in the squad Leroy can either play how Sterling did as more of an inside forward or shift to the right wing. We have plenty of games.

Sane and Mendy can play together. Raz was on the left on Sunday and the interplay with Mendy was fine. They are intelligent enough footballers not to get in each others way. Just look at the two goals for evidence. Leroy can do the same. Stay out or invert as the need requires.

His body language when? At the game on Sunday?
Try watching the training videos, also the charity shield etc.. can someone not have an opinion on this forum? Are you this blunt face to face? I doubt it. I have been a member on here and hardly post (relatively) as there are too many posters like you who jump in peoples opinions.

Try watching the training videos, also the charity shield etc.. can someone not have an opinion on this forum? Are you this blunt face to face? I doubt it. I have been a member on here and hardly post (relatively) as there are too many posters like you who jump in peoples opinions.

I just asked a question as I want to have a look myself because I hadn't noticed anything.

Are you this much of a drama queen face to face?

Mate it’s my view of his body language, attitude on the pitch, no need to insult me.

I do realize the same cool looking too relaxed body language as if he is not really involved,
in the Arsenal match and more so in the training video from Monday (in comparison to David, KDB, Komps e.g.).

But I know him since playing for Schalke and Germany. It's his style. (Guess who had the popcorn box on the foto last night?)
When he was ripping defences apart last season it started from the same cool relaxed body language.

Raz works his ass off and looks exhausted after a match. Leroy never looks exhausted. I guess he doesn't want to.

I think we shouldn't put too much into it, although I can see your concern. Low also did, Pep would certainly more so.

Generally speaking, we should be more careful when comparing players. They are individuals, Raz looks different to Leroy, and Gundogan looks different to KDB. I could go on and on.

If Pep has serious concern about Leroy's general attitude, Leroy would get to know it quite soon I suppose.

Meh...

Sane is a default lazy player - but under Pep, he's listened and has upped his game considerably.

When first in our squad he was extremely lazy, never putting in a shift on defense.

But he's matured - Sane now presses every game I see him play.

He's still a work in progress on offense - sometimes over dribbling or giving the ball away - but his attitude is great. He'll drive forward with the ball, taking on defenders and more often than not, beating them for pace. Once ahead of his defender, he'll more often than not make a good cross or take an excellent shot on goal.

I don't buy into this lax body-language argument at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.