Leroy Sane - 2018/2019 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember we heard a lot about how Pep was going to be much stricter, harsher and less friendly with the players this season.

IMO that's what this situation with Leroy is. He might have come in slow, a bit off the pace, maybe taken training a bit lightly, and now Pep's coming down on him like a ton of bricks because it's what he needs (Pep seems to think he needs pushing, usually saying he can and needs to do more, in comparison to his treatment of Sterling, who always gets support even when he's poor) and because it's a message to the rest of the squad that things are different now.

He's said in his press conference it's not a big deal...I believe him, but I don't think it's nothing, because Sané should be making the bench every week if he's remotely close to match fit.

Pep is on record saying he will protect the players in interviews, did anyone expect otherwise.

The day Aguero is fit and left out of the squad I'll eat a big red candle.

It's not like he needs a rest something isn't right with sane at the moment maybe the hangover of not going to the world cup maybe he thought fuck it and went on a summer long bender
Pep says tactics play a big part in who plays,i really think dropped doesn't apply to our hugely talented squad,not everyone can play

Pep says tactics play a big part in who plays,i really think dropped doesn't apply to our hugely talented squad,not everyone can play

When everyone is fit that's true, but today Pep's effectively said he'd rather have a 3rd attacking midfield option on the bench, Foden on top of Bernardo and Gundogan, over the only other natural winger in the squad, Leroy.

In that formation, Sané is an obvious substitute as the only person who can replace Sterling or Mahrez without changing the way we play significantly.

Pep isn't going to air any dispute or reason for Sané being out of the squad in public, especially if it's a small thing and he thinks it will resolve itself on its own.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.