Lyon (H) - Post Match Thread

First english side to lose 4 consecutive CL games. We need to chill out trying to break records.

Can’t believe we didn’t try replace Fernandinho in the summer, was always going to be a big gamble.

said it all summer mate....water under the bridge now...got to make the best of it but it will cost us during the season. Think we a different team when Kev is back fully fit! bad day at the office and need to move on...

Bernardo has been our best player this season in the centre. So playing him out wide is arrogant

If we don't play Kun I'd like to see Mahrez as our central striker. GJ has lost all confidence

Not sure why Gundogan is being singled out again. Fernandinho, Delph, Walker were all pretty poor for me. Sané changed the game but we could have just as easily taken Fernandinho off at that point. With Mendy still injured I'm not really sure why we didn't start with Sané tonight, especially when it meant playing with Bernardo in the right when he's played really well in the centre.

Because every time Gundogan plays our midfield doesn't function well (since his last bad injury that is).

Lyon were very good and we played very badly. Reminded me of the pellegrini years when we regularly got overrun in midfield. Fern kept giving the ball away but was getting pretty shit ball from defence and Gundo. We were outplayed and looked sluggish. No excuses. Other than Kun and Sane that was our best team available and they bottled it. Hopefully just an off day and not something more endemic. Sane was good when he came on which bodes well but J H Christ do we not miss Kevin.
Sorry Gundo lovers, I have reverted to the dark side. He was fucking useless. Anyone want to make the Mendy vs Delph case tonight?

Fekir and Ndombele were better than anyone in our midfield tonight.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.