Lyon (H) - Post Match Thread

What a stinker. One of our lamest performances in years. Only Sane impressed (plus some fancy moves by Eddie). Delph and Walker terrible. Others were little better.

Oh well. It was shit but wasn't fatal.

Weird. We were sort of good in patches. But the intensity and pace were missing. Gu do fan was the best of are midfielders and it should have been fern substituted. I don't think the end is near for fern. But I suspect he is no longer a two or three fans in a week player. The sterling sub was not u derstoid either he was are best attacking threat. Although I can see why pep only has two forwards at the club, I think a lack of competition in that part of squad may tell. Not strengthening in midfield may also be a problem that will haunt us. I agree totally with an earlier post though, with the amount of games coming pep was right to rotate. I think some have got a little too drunk on are success. This is City, did you honestly think we were gonna make it easy. On to the next one.!

Prepared to give the boys a world-cup-hangover benefit of the doubt

We look undercooked, and have done since start of the season

Feel like its time to give Foden a proper run now in place of Gundog

Spot on. Absolutely love the man bib as soon as I seen that team I was slightly worried. Didn't expect us to lose to be honest but knew it wasn't going to be us at our best.
For me the central midfield issue is worrying. Ferna has struggled to cope against the best teams on his own. When yaya used to partner him teams in the CL would waltz through our midfield, Liverpool did last season. This season he looks like he's feeling his age so no criticism of him thsts just biology but why we've still not invested in a 2nd defensive player for these type of games is baffling. I hope it doesnt come back to haunt us but i fear it will.

The triangles just weren't there. Instead of the player receiving the ball having two players ready to pass and move within 5 yards of each other, our players were 10 to 15 yards apart which resulted in the passes being picked off or the only option being back to Stones or Laporte. Not good.

Spotted...Have never seen Merlin give the ball away as much as he did tonight. Also how many time was Dinho caught in possession cos he couldn't receive and move the ball on as he normally does

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.