Jadon Sancho

Dortmund's problem from now on ?? had the chance to be at manchester city for a long time without any pressure to be a squad player just yet, and like foden would be worked into the system, and at that age you don't need to be playing every week just let your game and body develop in time so burnout in later life would not be a problem, but spat his dummy out when pep and city told him his is not ready just yet

so the player and agent went looking for another money move just like at watford when he fell out with them and man city took the gamble, there is no question the lad got talent but the ego is like sturridge huge big head and look what happen to him when not listening to somebody with knowledge of the game at youth level???

Every post you make in this thread is more idiotic than your previous one.

his loss not wanting to stay at manchester city and i could not care less what happens to him at Dortmund like i said its there problem now

his loss not wanting to stay at manchester city and i could not care less what happens to him at Dortmund like i said its there problem now

You clearly do care as you keep posting in this thread. What has he lost by leaving Man City? He’d be competing with Foden and Diaz to be on the bench if he was still here.

so if your well clued up on sancho why did he leave watford ??? if he was such a rising star why did he leave watford, could have stayed at watford and got much more game time with them at 17 or 18 ??? yes manchester city was a better club be he knew the chances of getting into the first team was low, so again why did he come to manchester city when at watford he would have walked into the first team squad?? i can tall you why MONEY

You clearly do care as you keep posting in this thread. What has he lost by leaving Man City? He’d be competing with Foden and Diaz to be on the bench if he was still here.

and that is his level at this age?? forget talent he may or may not have its about being ready at a very big club like manchester city who are challenging for titles and cups and champions league every season and at 17 your not ready unless your messi

so if your well clued up on sancho why did he leave watford ??? if he was such a rising star why did he leave watford, could have stayed at watford and got much more game time with them at 17 or 18 ??? yes manchester city was a better club be he knew the chances of getting into the first team was low, so again why did he come to manchester city when at watford he would have walked into the first team squad?? i can tall you why MONEY

He left Watford to move to a better academy and to get away from a lot of bad influences in his life in London. And he earns less now at Dortmund than he would if he’d signed the contract we offered him.

Presumably you have just as much irrational hatred for all the other kids who’ve left other academies to join ours - Taylor Richards, Ben Knight, Brahim Diaz, Matt Smith, Lorenzo Gonzalez, Benjamin Garre, Adrian Bernarbe and Claudio Gomes to name but a few.

Not really. Mahrez will get games. Indeed, so would any good player with a bit of patience- plus they’d be learning from the best

My original post didn't mention game time. I was just being a smartarse about Mahrez. What I did mention was knocking Sancho into shape. He had a bit of an attitude when he joined City. But he was barely 15. Well before he left City, I pointed out that he was not progressing (Diaz as well). I got some responses that were less polite than yours. It could have been his fault or the message might not have got across or there might not have been a message at all. I mentioned pointless dribbling. Hardly controversial as it was painfully obvious. When he moved to Dortmund, their head coach Stoger said: "Sancho is a very talented, wild and relatively young player. He's eager to learn, has a high quality. Maybe, at this point, he's still a bit too playful, not too purpose-built." When I've seen him this last year (clips I admit), he appears to have developed an awareness of other players. He hasn't had that much first team time, as you yourself pointed out. So where has the improvement come from?

Time for us to cut this turd loose. He’s gone now, was it a mistake? Maybe. As a club we should learn going forward and dealing with youngsters and that’s all there is to say on the matter really

Time for us to cut this turd loose. He’s gone now, was it a mistake? Maybe. As a club we should learn going forward and dealing with youngsters and that’s all there is to say on the matter really
In reality there's nothing we could have done, as a club we couldn't have guaranteed the game time he wanted.

He felt he was better than a few speradic sub appearances and thus took the plunge to go to Dortmund, and although early days it seems as though that decision has been vindicated.

That kind of bottle and faith in yourself shown by someone so young has to be celebrated and power to him as it now seems many other youngsters are following in his footsteps and making the move to the Bundesliga.

We offered to make him the highest paid teenager and that wasn't what he wanted. granted, our youth integration could be better but expecting him to get the same amount of game time here as he has over in Dortmund is unrealistic and given the circumstances I'm unsure what we could have done.

There is an argument to be said that the pressure to succeed at the top level of the game is so high that a young player will never get the chance to bed in naturally as there is more of a focus placed on results than youth development so maybe dropping down to a second tier of teams IE: dortmund where the pressure to compete on all fronts is less will give all these want aways more of a chance to flourish. And taking off the blue tinted specs for a moment, for England and for Jadon in general isn't that what we want.

I can't criticise a player who has faith in his own ability to succeed and doesn't seem a pathway through to the first team with city as quite frankly with the exception of foden do any of us really see a clear pathway for youth talents?

My original post didn't mention game time. I was just being a smartarse about Mahrez. What I did mention was knocking Sancho into shape. He had a bit of an attitude when he joined City. But he was barely 15. Well before he left City, I pointed out that he was not progressing (Diaz as well). I got some responses that were less polite than yours. It could have been his fault or the message might not have got across or there might not have been a message at all. I mentioned pointless dribbling. Hardly controversial as it was painfully obvious. When he moved to Dortmund, their head coach Stoger said: "Sancho is a very talented, wild and relatively young player. He's eager to learn, has a high quality. Maybe, at this point, he's still a bit too playful, not too purpose-built." When I've seen him this last year (clips I admit), he appears to have developed an awareness of other players. He hasn't had that much first team time, as you yourself pointed out. So where has the improvement come from?

I have no doubt he’s a good player with potential to possibly be a great player. He just wanted it now & at City, with the squad we had, that was unlikely to happen. Shame really because I think he would be pushing Jesus now - although not yet fit to tie Kun’s laces!!!!

He has that arrogance that’s needed.

As I said - despite the hype - he’s not yet a confirmed first team starter for Dortmund & I do believe he would have had a better contract offer from City - as Foden will - had he stayed. I’m pretty sure his Dortmund contract will be a lot lower than the contracts offered in England- there was clearly no mention of his earnings when they announced it & I reckon Foden’s will be worth more even though he will continue to be eased into the first team. Foden will get to the top at the same time as Sancho I believe

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.