Shaktar away

Last year flew into Kiev for about teatime , got the 12 hour overnight sleeper train into Kharkiv (done it , won’t do it again !!) , after match carried on drinking till about 5 in the morning when our express train back to Kiev left . Will be doing the TC day trip this time

OK, so this is a week away, time to put some meat on the bones.

Three of us fly out UIA from Gatwick to Kiev on Sunday night, then express train to Kharkiv. Those who went last year, can you recommend any decent watering holes in Kharkiv? Where are Blues likely to congregate on the Monday night, then pre-match?

Ta very muchly..

Three of us fly out UIA from Gatwick to Kiev on Sunday night, then express train to Kharkiv. Those who went last year, can you recommend any decent watering holes in Kharkiv? Where are Blues likely to congregate on the Monday night, then pre-match?

Ta very muchly..
The Thomas Cook coaches parked up in Freedom Square last year which was right in the middle of Kharkiv. On one side there was a restaurant / posh burger place which sold nice food and you could get a beer too. On the other side there was a 24 hour Irish bar which most of us met up in before getting back on the coaches. I jibbed out of the police cordon last year and had a walk around the ground on my own. I didn't see anywhere for a drink but there was a little shop over the road from our section that sold beer. All I would add is to have a look at the archived 'Careful in Kharkiv' thread from last year and just keep your wits about you. I had no problems and, apart from the result, had a great time.

Ta very muchly..

We're flying from Luton sunday night land about 2am. We're going straight out to a 24 hour bar as we cant check in till 2pm the next day.

Quite a few 24 hour bars so probs just decide when we get there, unless we hear blues are going to a certain place, in which case we'll of course join.

We went last season .. We had a great time .. Travelled via Rzeszow (from Manchester - Ryanair) in Poland (2 nights), Rzeszow - Warsaw - Kharkiv (2 nights, then flew to Istanbul (3 nights) ... All for just under £200 each ... Hotel we stayed in were really nice - tremendous value for money.
Kharkiv was OK - nothing special - plenty of bars etc. Saw a brief scuffle in the 24hr Irish Bar in Freedom Square - someone got their flag stolen - Underground was fine (40p a journey), 1 stop / 5 mins from the centre. The underground stops at 22.30 ( before the match finishes !! ) so had to get a 10 min /£2 taxi back to our hotel ... All in all it was the best Euro away trip I've had so far ... It was nice having a 7 night, 3 City break though !!

We went last season .. We had a great time .. Travelled via Rzeszow (from Manchester - Ryanair) in Poland (2 nights), Rzeszow - Warsaw - Kharkiv (2 nights, then flew to Istanbul (3 nights) ... All for just under £200 each ... Hotel we stayed in were really nice - tremendous value for money.
Kharkiv was OK - nothing special - plenty of bars etc. Saw a brief scuffle in the 24hr Irish Bar in Freedom Square - someone got their flag stolen - Underground was fine (40p a journey), 1 stop / 5 mins from the centre. The underground stops at 22.30 ( before the match finishes !! ) so had to get a 10 min /£2 taxi back to our hotel ... All in all it was the best Euro away trip I've had so far ... It was nice having a 7 night, 3 City break though !!
Sounds like a varied and interesting trip.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.