Football Leaks/Der Spiegel articles

None, PSG failed by miles more than us and we still got the same fine. We'd also drag them through court if they tried butt fucking us again.

I think Inter Milan failed by more than us... the media did not go on about it that's the difference

I suspect the rest of the league are fine with it.

FFP protects them, the last thing they want is for UEFA or the Premier League to do something which makes City say, "actually, fuck this, let's see how it stands up in court afterall..."

The threat of a legal challenge to FFP blowing things wide open is far more damaging to them then us circumventing the existing rules by a few tens of millions per year.

The owners might be happy though - it'll make the clubs more attractive as they'll be able to invest, up against the downside that everyone else can at the same time!

I see PSG have lodged an appeal with the CAS tonight regarding a UEFA decision, good on them. Take them down fighting the corrupt bastards

The issue with this is not that we will face any sanctions. That isn't possible because we have already been fined for the same period. But the damage to our reputation could be significant.
The UK media, with a few exceptions, are either incapable or unwilling to investigate the entire FFP scam. It was an illegal attempt to stop legal investment being put into City and UEFA was forced to back down. That's a story no one wants to write because the anti-City narrative is much easier and commercially attractive for media outlets.
You don't need to be Sherlock Holmes to work out where this smear campaign is coming from but don't expect any British journalists to investigate that story anytime soon.

I see PSG have lodged an appeal with the CAS tonight regarding a UEFA decision, good on them. Take them down fighting the corrupt bastards

Let's hope a serious shit storm is about to descend on the totally corrupt set of cnuts, and somehow reveal that Gill is at the centre of it all.

I know, it's just me and wishful thinking

The owners might be happy though - it'll make the clubs more attractive as they'll be able to invest, up against the downside that everyone else can at the same time!

If FFP dies then I would imagine the value of a top 4 club drops significantly. Why spend $4Bn on Manchester United (I think that was the price doing the rounds with the Saudi rumours) when you can buy someone like Leeds or Newcastle, pump in $1Bn and have a club with a large domestic fan base, world class team and players, and £250m+ per year in CL & PL TV revenue?

A large part of their value to a buyer looking to win things is the fact they're in the tiny group of clubs who can spend with impunity because of existing commercial revenue.

I could be missing something here but who’s to say that UEFA weren’t already aware of this so called multi-million “deception” at the time, and that there was a trade-off? For example, City say “You moved the goalposts late in the day so we had to come up with something to counter it”, to which UEFA reply “Fair enough - let’s come to an agreement on the punishment then”

Here's my email to Der Spiegel today about their article describing us as a "mediocre East Manchester club" and their reply -

Betreff: Football Leaks: Manchester City Exposed Bending The Rules etc
Datum: 5. November 2018 um 15:25:32 MEZ
An: "rafael.buschmann@spiegel.de"

Hi Rafael,

Having read the above article a couple of questions for you if I may:

1. Why do you think UEFA introduced the new financial constraints on Man City and other emerging clubs in a way that didn’t affect the existing elite clubs?
2. Do you think that the final outcome in terms of the fines levied for breaking the rules was the product of a negotiated settlement process built into FFP?

Kind Regards,
Johnny Crossan

Sent: 05 November 2018 15:04
To: Buschmann, Rafael;
Subject: Re: Football Leaks: Manchester City Exposed Bending The Rules etc

Hi Johnny,

Rafa forwarded your request to me. I hope I understand your questions correctly, let me know if you have further questions.
1. When Uefa introduced the new Financial Fair Play regulation, they were aiming at two goals: 1. To prevent clubs from falling into debt and having problems paying bills, 2. To maintain competitive balance. The latter had been challenged by huge spendings made by nouveau riche clubs like Abu-Dhabi-backed ManCity and Qatar-backed PSG.
2. Uefa rules say that the Investigatory Chamber of the Club Financial Control Body has the power to negotiate settlements with the clubs. If they don’t come to an agreement, they can forward the case to the Adjudicatory Chamber, and they can impose a sanction. In the case of PSG, even Brian Quinn, the Chief Investigator of the Investigatory Chamber, was uncomfortable with the very favorable terms that the club would get. But Gianni Infantino apparently pushed the deal through, acting as Uefa’s Secretary General behind the Chamber’s back. The full story you can read here: http://www.spiegel.de/international...-and-psg-pact-with-the-sheikhs-a-1236414.html

Best
Christoph
Redakteur
DER SPIEGEL Ericusspitze 1 20457 Hamburg Tel: +49 40 3007-2340 Mobil: +49 151 644 263 74
christoph.winterbach@spiegel.de PGP-ID: 68496C19
FingerPrint: 32B6 FE50 1B09 400A E9BE 4C13 6A96 72E2 6849 6C19
SPIEGEL-Verlag Rudolf Augstein GmbH & Co. KG, Sitz und Registergericht Hamburg
HRA 61755. Komplementärin Rudolf Augstein GmbH, Sitz und Registerbereich Hamburg
HRB 13105, Geschäftsführer Thomas Hass

All suggestions welcome for my reply?

How about pointing out that this mediocre East Manchester club was winning league titles and setting attendance records that stand to this day whilst German football was still an amateur affair being played out in front of the Hitler fucking youth. That might shut the self righteous sanctimonious fuckers up for 30 seconds.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.