Football Leaks/Der Spiegel articles

I don’t think there’s anything to worry about in what Der Spiegel have revealed so far, although I think MediaPart are alleging that Mansour is continuing to inject cash into the club, disguised as sponsorship. If that is true, and it’s a big if, then we could theoretically face a new UEFA investigation.
Cheers Ric,I’m not clued up as some on here regards ffp and accounting but I’m convinced our owner has people all over ffp ...

UEFA were aware.

The whole thing is basically UEFA saying "We need FFP to exist. Do not challenge it, and you'll get a slap on the wrist fine and we'll let you carry on putting in money under the table"

Re my post to PB below, how do we know that UEFA were aware? Presumably we didn’t put “Aabar £15m (£12m courtesy of HRH Sheikh Mansour personally)” in the credits column? They punished us for “failing” FFP (notwithstanding that they set us up for that failure), not for the covert injection of capital courtesy of over inflated sponsorship deals. Or did they know all along, given that we were working with them to try and comply, and if they did, why didn’t they hammer us at the time? Surely we wouldn’t have had a leg to stand on?
It all baffles me by the way, so any clarification gratefully received!

I know you’ve previously told me that there’s nothing new in the leaks, and, ergo, nothing to worry about, PB, but I’m having trouble getting my head around the central tenet of Sheikh Mansour allegedly massively subsidising Aabar and Etihad. It’s all very well Blues saying “we’ve already been punished for this”, but isn’t the reality that we haven’t? We were punished for “failing” FFP (albeit that UEFA were instrumental in ensuring that we did fail), but surely it could be argued that we ‘failed’ on the basis of the evidence presented at that time (ie. our figures made no mention of Aabar only funding one fifth of their own sponsorship deal, or Etihad one seventh of theirs), and had UEFA had known that the Sheikh was funnelling his own cash into the club via these companies, they might have hit us with a far worse punishment for knowingly deceiving their auditors. Given that the pressure from our enemies for us to be banned for this alleged deception, will be absolutely immense, is there not a danger that that’s exactly what will happen? Or have we done nothing wrong legally?

well UEFA cant do diddy we will destroy them in court even if they exclude us from CL(so they wont). its the FA the UK.gov that we should be worried about if we did anything seriously illegal(which to the best of my knowledge we have not)

I seem to recall a number of fans on here saying we should have fought FFP in the courts from the start.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing but if this is going to be used time and again as a stick to beat us with then maybe we should have done just that.

Re my post to PB below, how do we know that UEFA were aware? Presumably we didn’t put “Aabar £15m (£12m courtesy of HRH Sheikh Mansour personally)” in the credits column? They punished us for “failing” FFP (notwithstanding that they set us up for that failure), not for the covert injection of capital courtesy of over inflated sponsorship deals. Or did they know all along, given that we were working with them to try and comply, and if they did, why didn’t they hammer us at the time? Surely we wouldn’t have had a leg to stand on?
It all baffles me by the way, so any clarification gratefully received!
Got to do a podcast shortly so can't spend too much time on this. But we would have reported all sponsorships as part of the FFP assessment process so UEFA would have seen Aabar at £15m. But unless Aabar was declared to be a related party (by us) then it's fuck all to do with them. I suspect PWC tried to claim they were but they would have been on thin ice if it came to court I suspect. If they're not a related party then it really doesn't matter where the money comes from.

Infantino looks like a main character and primary target of all this 'leaks' story, doesn't he?

Could it be an attempt to dismiss him? Infantino is currently in the middle of a fight around new global club competition threatening the CL and the old cartel power (Agnelli, Rummenigge etc...).

Infantino looks like a main character and primary target of all this 'leaks' story, doesn't he?

Could it be an attempt to dismiss him? Infantino is currently in the middle of a fight around new global club competition threatening the CL and the old cartel power (Agnelli, Rummenigge etc...).
This is what I suspect it's all about.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.