Chelsea (A) Post Match Thread

Absolutely nothing to get bent of shape about. We lost away to the third place team. We had a much weakened lineup due to injuries yet we completely dominated the fIrst half and should have been ahead at the break. in the second half Chelsea parked the bus and scored off their only corner (we had more than 10).

Nobody really knows expected us to go the whole season without losing and Chelsea is one of three or four teams you would expect to have a chance against us.

Normal service will be resumed shortly. Sergio and KDB will be back soon and hopefully Merlin isn’t badly injured.

Panic not.

This!! It's the media and victimpools wa#kfest that will annoy me more rather than an away defeat. Hope we slap em silly in January.

Had a bad feeling about this all week. Game should have been won in 1st half but too many players trying to walk the ball into the net and then having a Liverpool away type of 2nd half where they were physically overwhelmed by a determined opponent. Lack of a clinical striker was there for all to see. Disappointing lack of defending the cross for the 2nd goal. Delph is a good utility player but is not a left back .
Not worried at letting the Dippers have a go at carrying the lead for a while but Pep has to resolve the left back and back up striker weaknesses.

This result has been coming. The injuries have started to pile up just as we're getting to a busy period, and while you can still get results against the likes of Bournemouth and Watford, it's a problem when you come up against teams like Chelsea. You can always get hit by a sucker punch, like we did in the first half, but ordinarily, we'd have a De Bruyne or an Aguero ready to bring on and make something happen.

We really struggled to create any clear chances today, and while that's largely down to Chelsea's excellent defending (trust them to show up against us, compared to the shit show they put on against Spurs), I'm really disappointed with our failure from set pieces today. That's been a strength of ours in the recent past, but we had 13 today, and I don't think we won the first ball from any of them, never mind getting an attempt at goal from any of them. Meanwhile Chelsea get their first corner of the game and score from it.

Before this game the league lied to us. Just keep winning and Liverpool will drop points, luck will run out and they'll tire.

Now I'm thinking what we should of been thinking is with kdb, mendy and aguero out what we should of been thinking is keep within a point of Liverpool until we get these back and we will be strong enough to win this league.

We need to beat these giddy fucks in Jan. Be well up for it.

I thought we played really well 1st half but that goal was a real sucker punch.

Didn't understand why we took Sane off. WIth that went our ability to beat a man and they had so many men behind the ball that that made it very very difficult.

Chelsea needed the breaks today to win and got them.

Have we handed the PL to the dippers yet ?

It's only fair that we do, as they have deserved it for their consistency, sportsmanship , and total sense of humility .

So we lost a game against a team who played well. So what, we will not play as badly as that in many games. Chelsea will not play as well as they did and wait till the dippers have to play more top teams. Move on.

Gutted. 1st half we outclassed them. 2nd half was truly abject.

Goal against the run of play and then we went to pot.

We've looked tired/vulnerable for a couple of games now.

Scousers top of the league thanks to a Rodney Mahrez penalty and Head of the Lollipop Guild, Jordan Pickford. Scouse Wankers.

Shit weekend of results.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.