City Watch owner sentenced to 28 months in prison

Find it a bit odd that players were retweeting/replying to the account as recently as yesterday (Sterling and Mendy). The club were almost certainly aware of what was going on, so you’d think they’d have given a heads up to the players/media companies who look after their social media.

Edit:
I guess the players will be briefed on this today, on more than one occasion they have replied/liked/retweeted City_Watch content.

Sorry, only saw this after I posted!

Interesting viewpoint man. I get it, but surprised. Quite a few involved seem to want it to die a painful death, especially the lads who were targeted.

It's difficult. I want to see it go down to an extent because of what he did to the two men involved. But it's a shame to see all our hard work go to waste, especially after we got people like Mendy and Sterling taking notice.

I was always under the impression there was a team working together,is that right or was it him and guest contributors?

Stuart ran the account for the majority of the time except for home games (usually me or one of a few others). The writing was done by a team who mostly stayed together and now write for City Xtra.

Am I right in thinking the podcast and the website were basically attempts to monetize CW? AFAIK T
theres no money in just being a Twitter account.

So correct me if I'm barking up the wrong tree here but he thought he could cash in when the big website/podcast rebranding thing rolled out a few years back and then when he drove people to leaving and was left with just a useless Twitter account he vindictively retaliated with the stalking and harassing the people who left?

Don't think it was anywhere near as complicated as that. He was just a control freak, and when people wanted to leave he hated it. They only left because his behaviour got mental. He didn't lash out because it was about to fail, he lashed out because he was a nutter.

I actually did briefly write for CW when the website was launching. I spoke to him a fair bit, not gonna lie. Most involved in content creation in the city community did. I left because i couldnt be arsed, but even then I thought he was a bit odd. I remember suggesting things for the upcoming site and he was ridiculously defensive. I thought he was just one of those social awkward types who never leaves the house tbh...didnt think he was an actual monster. I'm just glad I got out 6 months earlier or it could have been me! Given it was initiated over the podcast stuff, and id been making videos, then it most definitely would have affected me too as id have done some episodes no doubt. Im mega relieved.

Ah right,i knew there was resignations but assumed they had come back once he was gone,didn't realise he was still the one running it
Someone said he was still tweeting on CW while in court despite being banned from doing anything like that. Perhaps someone down there who has contact details for the officers involved could pass that on. It may have had an affect on his sentencing if they'd known, perhaps they can go back and increase it.

I guess the players will be briefed on this today, on more than one occasion they have replied/liked/retweeted City_Watch content.
Only the other day there was a bit of banter with Mendy.

This has been my go to City news site every day for years, creepy to find out who was behind it all all along. Only today I was on my lunch break at work reading his updates on Pep's press conference, completely oblivious.

City_chief is quite a good City news site on Twitter.

Am I right in thinking the podcast and the website were basically attempts to monetize CW? AFAIK T
theres no money in just being a Twitter account.

So correct me if I'm barking up the wrong tree here but he thought he could cash in when the big website/podcast rebranding thing rolled out a few years back and then when he drove people to leaving and was left with just a useless Twitter account he vindictively retaliated with the stalking and harassing the people who left?

Apologies for bad spelling, my keyboard seems to be fucked.

But the pod breakaway wasn't really about the money. Essentially one guy owned the brand, one guy did literally all the work and they didn't agree on who was in charge. I've worked with Ahsan on the CW Podcast and helped him setup the 9320 Podcast and he just isn't driven at all by money, he's totally about the creative process, believe it or not. He wanted his own space and the guys at CW wanted to move to get out from under Stu who was suffocating.

Stu consulted early on about the City Watch website and what his plans were, and it would be fair to say that monetisation was one of the goals. But even then he was more about how he could create a brand rather than how he could make money. Not to defend the man, I hope he burns to death.

Find it a bit odd that players were retweeting/replying to the account as recently as yesterday (Sterling and Mendy). The club were almost certainly aware of what was going on, so you’d think they’d have given a heads up to the players/media companies who look after their social media.

I think we're giving the Club too much credit here, unfortunately

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.