FIFA Open a NEW investigation into City (and Chelsea) - Chelsea get transfer ban

Someone from the club was telling me they had been informed we were getting a ban and then they said the signing of Iheanacho was one of the reasons.

There was a long process with Iheanacho before he played for City which must surely have been under the advice from the football authorities. He signed a pre contract agreement & signed for City when he was 18.

I find it difficult to believe we would have just 'missed' a rule somewhere, when we were clearly trying to adhere to them.

Whether there is a payment which is deemed illegal I don't know, but otherwise, if we have actually broken a rule, I recon it will be because we have been given the wrong guidence from the authorities.

And it was FIVE years ago! What have they been waiting for if it's against the rules ? A hacked email ?

The cynic in me says they'll leave our ban until the last minute. Hear the appeal in the same timeframe that they've heard (and turned down) Chelsea's but, unlike Chelsea leaving us insufficient time in the window to get before the CAS.

.......is the correct answer!

[Unless of course, and this is pure fantasy I know, Sheikhy M has let that nice Mr Infantino know that his CWC might not have a backer if we are tucked up in anyway.....]

.......is the correct answer!

[Unless of course, and this is pure fantasy I know, Sheikhy M has let that nice Mr Infantino know that his CWC might not have a backer if we are tucked up in anyway.....]

Last I heard the Saudi's were backing the CWC, not Abu Dhabi.

Last I heard the Saudi's were backing the CWC, not Abu Dhabi.
Softbank are CWC's main sponsors, they work both with Saudis and Abu Dhabi AFAIK.

"The Japanese conglomerate SoftBank and Mubadala, the Abu Dhabi state investment company, have a closely intertwined relationship, and it’s one that the two are further cementing. According to the Financial Times, SoftBank has just committed half the capital for a new $400 million fund from Mubadala that aims to back European startups."
https://techcrunch.com/2019/02/18/softbank-and-mubadala-grow-closer/

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.