Our Fixtures - Now till the end of season!

I wouldn’t worry too much
Just take each game as it comes
I think any issue will arise around spurs and united games
If we navigate them and need to win 3 premier league games in a week at end of season I think we will do it
Once you can see the end no time to be tired

I think Pep has been quoted as saying that we would be playing Cardiff the midweek before the Spurs away leg. I had assumed he said that because it had already been agreed that we would play Cardiff on 2/3 April if we beat Swansea. But perhaps it was an attempt to exert pressure as part of an ongoing row with Sky, BBC, BT, PL and Cardiff?

Wednesday probably, normally a few days between the draw and the games being confirmed once BBC / BT have argued between themselves
Not a lot to argue about is there when there are only two games to choose and one of them will have first choice!

That will be an absolute farce if they move the Cardiff game to the friday before the final game. If the other game they're concerned about is Brighton-Cardiff, surely there are plenty of midweeks for those clubs to play that are already available? We have ONE midweek left open, and their idea is to just shove three games in a week instead? It's mad

Edit: Brighton's postponed games are Chelsea and Cardiff, and Cardiff's are us and Brighton. Would they not be able to schedule both City-Cardiff and Chelsea-Brighton for the 2/3 April dates? That would just leave the Brighton-Cardiff match to be played any midweek after that point.

April will be brutal.
Going for a quadruple means:

- top fit squad to rotate vs lesser domestic sides
- win the league before CL semis start off

Barca (10 pts ahead) and Juve (15 pts) are able to handle their fixture list much easier.

It would be so important to be 4 or 5 points ahead of dippers by end of April.
We can only hope dippers collect some draws til then, if opponent keepers don't mind to catch a ball.

Hindsight or for future seasons,
dropping points vs Leicester/Palace/Newcastle are missing so badly when you could have finished the league early
and focus and rotate for CL semis.

Winning one competition is always possible, 4 nearly isn't.
But hey we're still in.

This is why the quadruple has never happened, the fixture list is overwhelming. On the positive side; Mendy, De Bruyne and Dinho have had a decent rest. If we can get those three back in the team for April and keep the existing players fit we have a chance. It comes down to injury fortune now as the squad is needed in its entirety.

We already got one pot .Win the FA CUP .finish 1st or second in the league get to semi final of the Champions League and it would go down in history as our finest ever season

This is why the quadruple has never happened, the fixture list is overwhelming. On the positive side; Mendy, De Bruyne and Dinho have had a decent rest. If we can get those three back in the team for April and keep the existing players fit we have a chance. It comes down to injury fortune now as the squad is needed in its entirety.
It's not even the quadruple as such, we've already dealt with the fixture pile up from the LC. The way the FA Cup, League and CL are scheduled going deep in 2 is fine, going deep in all 3 creates fixture issues. Most domestic cups are done or done bar the final at this stage of the season.

I think we may need a bit more than injury fortune but that is important none the less. Luck with decisions in our favour and against our rivals, complete focus on every game, players doing their bit when others are absent, converting our chances, no silly mistakes etc. A place in history beckons.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.