BA Flight to Dusseldorf.........well not quite

With that kind of skill the flight team have been offered a job with Ryanair.

I would imagine the flightdeck were given the roster for flying to Edinburgh and just followed it. That kind of mix up isn't quite so unusual, given that the flight crew don't give a stuff where they're flying and just follow what's on the papers. The part that is weird is that the cabin crew would have seen the boarding passes indicating Dusseldorf and don't appear to have had any kind of conversation with the flight deck about the anomaly. It ought to get picked up and wasn't.

I was on a Ryanair flight a few years ago into Manchester, on landing the Pilot announced 'Welcome to Newcastle'.

Ryanair's landings are always iffy, or were when I used them but this one was particularly bad. I do wonder if the Pilot was reading the flight plans for landing at Newcastle & using that info while coming into Manchester.

Surely the pilot has a sense of geography? Taking off from London to Gemany you would have thought at some point the pilot would have been looking to cross the English Channel rather than flying over the Peak and Dale districts....

That was my thoughts,it seems to me they don't look out of the windows much

I'm kind of surprised that no passengers noticed that the sun was in the wrong direction or that there was a load of water in the wrong place.

It was a charter company working on behalf of BAcityflyer I know them well, there is a reason they are nicknamed shittyflyer !!!!!

Surely the pilot has a sense of geography? Taking off from London to Gemany you would have thought at some point the pilot would have been looking to cross the English Channel rather than flying over the Peak and Dale districts....

Ha ha...my dad was a navigator after the war and was in a Mosquito following the river Dee to Chester, turns out it was the Mersey, only realised his mistake when he spotted the Liver building.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.