QF 1st Leg Post Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Expected a shitshow when the team was announced and boy did we get it.
Spurs were there for the taking yet now they are in pole position to advance, If (as is quite likely) they get an away goal we are going to have to put in a monumental effort to advance. All so unnecessary. Pep may be a fantastic coach but he was amateurish tonight in his selection and his barbaric subs at 88 mins.
Delph is an abomination of a footballer. Mahrez is next to useless and so easy to defend against, add in his yellow streak and its some combination. Lloris who is a very average goalie was redundant for the most part. Eddy should not concede from there,maybe the injury played some part in that. Gundogan who I regularly criticise was one of our best players tonight. If Pep was trying to manage the squad it has backfired spectacularly.
Results may argue otherwise but we haven't been on it in a while.
Agree with some of what you've said but a bit too critical imo . I don't know if that's a Cavan man's trait?;-)

Yep he did great, and as for trying to stop key injuries what is that about? Palace already beat us at home this season,.And if they do sunday and we play all.key players we.could easily pick up injuries then, so what's the difference? Your saying he is choosing Prem over champions league

No I'm saying he will play hist best 11 for the next two games, which means both competitions are being targeted, had Pep played his best 11 tonight as well, the risk of injuries and fatigue would have increased significantly to our key players, by the time we got to next week on Wednesday.

These cnuts on tv trying to defend Kane’s late challenge on Delph.
Absolute bunch of cnuts BT, going to try and get Ferni retro punishment.
What about Rose fist/hand into Fernis face?? Nothing said about that funnily.

Very disappointing result in a very important tie, but 1-0 isn't exactly bad. We've overturned more than that in the past. But the worrying thing for me is the way we've been playing lately and thought that would change tonight and we'd really shift into high gear, but no. Carry on like that with the game against Palace away at the weekend and we could let the league slip pretty soon. Then another league game against Spurs and away at the rags, well ..... I'm low on confidence right now. Really hope Pep gives them a good kick up the ass soon.

I said the same in the last league thread against Cardiff and got called every name under the sun and insulted by a few on here, but I think my point showed itself again tonight. We've just not been "on it" lately and way off our best. Really hoping we finish off strong because shutting off this close to the finish line would be criminal.

Nothing to fear from Spurs next week, the blue boys will pick themselves up and go again. They played their best 11 tonight, we will see how they fare against our team with Kev and Bernardo in it next week. We believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.