QF 1st Leg Post Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pep has cost us in the UCL once again, he’s just so naive it’s unbelievable. First of all he couldn’t have put out a worse XI with the players available. Playing Mahrez means we can’t utilise the right wing because he is so bad it’s unusable when he plays, David Silva has been out of form since February so should’ve played KDB who always puts in a good performance vs Spurs, the same goes with Sane whenever he’s up against Trippier.

He then allows Aguero to take the penalty instead of Gundogan, Aguero has missed more UCL penalties than he has scored. Why is nobody at the club getting this information, the same lack of research cost us the game at Anfield as Pep claimed he didn’t know how bad Mahrez’s penalty record was. Lloris wouldn’t suspect Gundogan to take a penalty for us as he’s only taken one penalty for us outside of a penalty shootout, he’s our best penalty taker by far, I mean he scored in the UCL final!

He then refuses to bring on our most impactful subs in KDB and Sane until the 88th minute which seems like a multiple occurrence as he has built up a tendency to leave key substitutions too late. I see Poch on the Spurs bench with an iPad so he can get a better view of the game, why doesn’t Pep utilise the technology available to make better judged decisions, maybe then he will see how poorl we’re really playing.

I feel with Pep in the UCL it’s just bad decision after bad decision. The starting XI next game must be:
GK: Ederson RB: Walker CB: Kompany and Laporte LB: Mendy CDM: Fernandinho CM: Bernardo (Gundogan if he’s injured) and KDB LW: Sane RW: Sterling ST: Agüero

Try as might, I can't help but think this tie is now going to be hugely tricky.

The 2nd leg is set up ideal for Spuds now. 11 behind the ball and hit us on the break with speedy players. Long balls over our our high pressing CD's.

4-2 anyone!

All I know is that Delph is shit. As soon as I saw him starting I knew he'd cost us a goal. Got caught out yet again as a LB, then too busy appealing for the ball going out instead of closing down the man. Pisses me off when players stop and appeal. It's pointless, even more so now with VAR.

Kids stuff really. Play to the whistle.

Debatable really. My view is that the away goals rule means you can either gain or give away a significant advantage. Playing away first, losing and not scoring has meant we've given away a significant advantage to Tottenham going into the second leg. The away goals rule punishes those who play out a tie the way we did yesterday. Spurs aren't one of the best teams left in the competition so I don't think we had to be as conservative in our approach as we were.
So it is better to play a weaker side in the second leg? Pep has to manage the squad over this run in, he cannot play a full strength team 2, 3 times a week. In order to win the quad this was probably the one match he could risk keeping his powder dry.

Felt as though 1-0 would be the worst result we could have got last night.

2-1 loss or 3-2 loss would be much better with away goals.

Now we forced to play our best next leg to go through. It’s at home lads let’s get behind the team

Pep has cost us in the UCL once again, he’s just so naive it’s unbelievable. First of all he couldn’t have put out a worse XI with the players available. Playing Mahrez means we can’t utilise the right wing because he is so bad it’s unusable when he plays, David Silva has been out of form since February so should’ve played KDB who always puts in a good performance vs Spurs, the same goes with Sane whenever he’s up against Trippier.

He then allows Aguero to take the penalty instead of Gundogan, Aguero has missed more UCL penalties than he has scored. Why is nobody at the club getting this information, the same lack of research cost us the game at Anfield as Pep claimed he didn’t know how bad Mahrez’s penalty record was. Lloris wouldn’t suspect Gundogan to take a penalty for us as he’s only taken one penalty for us outside of a penalty shootout, he’s our best penalty taker by far, I mean he scored in the UCL final!

He then refuses to bring on our most impactful subs in KDB and Sane until the 88th minute which seems like a multiple occurrence as he has built up a tendency to leave key substitutions too late. I see Poch on the Spurs bench with an iPad so he can get a better view of the game, why doesn’t Pep utilise the technology available to make better judged decisions, maybe then he will see how poorl we’re really playing.

I feel with Pep in the UCL it’s just bad decision after bad decision. The starting XI next game must be:
GK: Ederson RB: Walker CB: Kompany and Laporte LB: Mendy CDM: Fernandinho CM: Bernardo (Gundogan if he’s injured) and KDB LW: Sane RW: Sterling ST: Agüero

Nice one.When are you kids back at school?

He ain't no Ole that's for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.