Why you supported our wonderful club

Born into it. Started school in 1990 and lived it hard through the rag glory years. Never in a million years would have believed what has happened over the last decade if you'd have told me in 99 but that's life I suppose.

Moved from Gorton in the early 60,s to wythenshawe, my now departed Dad took me in 1964-5 season we used to catch the match day bus specials, thank you Dad.

I was ABU for years, I couldn't stand the ****s and it was anyone who is challenging them. No love for anyone, just pure hatred about them.

Then City became challenger and I thought that's the one who will hurt them most and with time fell in love with the club. The fact that every **** and their aunts were hating City for daring to challenge, fired my decision though, being contrarian is part of myself. Still hate them, still like to stand against City haters, but it's City first and their demise second now. My daughter is huge blue now and my son is future City goalkeeper :D

Last edited:
Came to UK to study in Mcr in 1989 and went to city because it was cheaper than the other lot. Always been my second team (1st in England) and managed to time visiting friends to coincide with a home game at least a couple of times a year ever since. Miss the post match kebab/curry at rusholme now even though the football is of course 'different'.

I was about 9 or 10 and my School had tickets for the Rags and City, they drew names out of a hat to see who went where, luckily I was drawn to go to Maine Road for a City match against Chelsea. All I can remember is we lost 2-1 Neil McNab scored a penalty for us. I do remember the fans around us being really passionate and behind the team even though we were losing but i could see what it meant and thought this is for me.

I got my Mam to get me a City top and the rest is istree.

So glad I was drawn to go to City.

Before then I remember having a West Ham top for playing Football.

Uh, have something to add to my previous post. Though it was in no way something I would called fandom, my first sympathies and interest in City came just before JCL and glory-hunting train.

It was 2007, I think.. I was blackhat Internet marketer at the time and I found a loophole in Facebook to take over groups with no admins. Someone create a group and then quits Facebook or gets banned but group would stay there, just without admins. So i discovered a way to inject some code and make myself an admin. It was a huge thing. And while I was scraping Google for groups like that I found a group "City double over United", the header image was Banjani celebrating goal in front of Rags fans at Old Trafford. As I pathologically hated United it immediately won my attention. It was the first place where I've read that City probably have more fans in the City of Manchester than Rags and I took over the group and my first sympathies were born while reading posts over there.

Dad was from Bolton, mum was from Drolysden. I grew up in Chetham Hill and played junior football for Boundary Park, Rochdale and Bury.
My best mates dad was a City scout so always supported the blues.
After several years of dreaming I realised that I was not good enough to be a footballer. Took 30 years of abuse from rags but my word how the worm has turned.
However you became a blue let’s just appreciate the here and now because this won’t last forever

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.