Leroy Sane - 2018/2019 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He does not even come close to Mahrez. Sane could not even make it in a dreadfull german team for the world cup. As we all know, he is a prospect, he has not prved much yet ! Playing in a team full of world class players does not make him a world beater. As much as I like the pace and technicality of Sane, he gives the ball away more often than Mahrez, his first touch is most of the time shocking and he does not defend well. Had Sane played yesterday, we would have had a very reminiscent score of against Liverpool last season.
Treating a city player who has done his atmost to join city and has not spared himself in pursuit for improvement since he joined the team a clown is just disgraceful.
Some fair points and some unnecessary points. Okay Mahrez's cousin, relax!!!

Sane is our player with the highest ceiling.

Seems to work hard and track back when playing also, a bit stroppy at times but it's pretty hard to see why he isn't getting game time currently based on what we get to see.

Need to give him a run with Sterling, our best wingers. Bernardo can play central.
He can be a bit sloppy sometimes. Pep hates sloppy play. So that may be it. Just guessing though

He can be a bit sloppy sometimes. Pep hates sloppy play. So that may be it. Just guessing though

I don't agree with the decision of not playing him last week. Spurs are not Liverpool, they don't press as intensely and even if they do, they don't have the raw pace up front to really hurt us. But I do agree that Sane making a bad pass last season in QFs vs Liverpool that led to a goal I think has remained in Pep's mind. I believe he most certainly didn't play in this game for this reason but he should have. Spurs simply cannot live with our wingers if we play our game. Missed opportunity and now we are under pressure Wednesday. It will be sad sad shame if we get knocked out by Spurs!

I don't agree with the decision of not playing him last week. Spurs are not Liverpool, they don't press as intensely and even if they do, they don't have the raw pace up front to really hurt us. But I do agree that Sane making a bad pass last season in QFs vs Liverpool that led to a goal I think has remained in Pep's mind. I believe he most certainly didn't play in this game for this reason but he should have. Spurs simply cannot live with our wingers if we play our game. Missed opportunity and now we are under pressure Wednesday. It will be sad sad shame if we get knocked out by Spurs!
Lots of people wanted us to get Spurs. Don't know why. I didn't want any English teams. It's just tougher to play and beat the same team so many times.

I hope we overcome them in the Championship league. But I don't see us beating them 2ice in 4 days :(

Sane is a Ballotelli-esque player. Full of potential - but seemingly incapable of applying himself fully. He's not got nearly as much baggage as Balloelli - but the comparison is still apt.

In spite of his brilliance and obvious world class ability - he managed to work himself out of a position in the German World Cup squad. Moreover, he's not capable of locking down an always-starting role when fit in our squad.

The only thing stopping Sane from being one of the best footballers in his decade - lies between his ears.

Sane is a Ballotelli-esque player. Full of potential - but seemingly incapable of applying himself fully. He's not got nearly as much baggage as Balloelli - but the comparison is still apt.

In spite of his brilliance and obvious world class ability - he managed to work himself out of a position in the German World Cup squad. Moreover, he's not capable of locking down an always-starting role when fit in our squad.

The only thing stopping Sane from being one of the best footballers in his decade - lies between his ears.

Spoken like someone who has no idea and instead believes the lines he's fed,along with the media narrative.

"The only thing stopping Sane from being one of the best footballers in his decade - Pep giving him enough chance to show it."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.