Deal agreed with Bayern Munich for Leroy Sane - €60m (including add-ons)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ultimately it’s up to him but it seems he’s been given the cold shoulder. He gets 10 minute cameos where Gundogan who openly wants out is given full games. Bernardo should be first choice but you’d think he’d play Sterling, Sane, Bernardo which most think is our strongest lineup. His output has probably improved since last year and I’ve never had a problem with his work rate. If this really is just because he ‘looks moody’ or losing the ball (our entire team presses, it shouldn’t be an issue, especially if we had a competent defender behind him) than we risk losing a £100mil asset for next to nothing.
So why do you think he hasn't played much, when Sterling has, what has Sterling done that Sane hasn't. Or is none of this Sane's problem? In the end Pep will pick what he thinks is the best team to win a game.

if he isn't picked tonight up against Ashley Young or whatever abomination United have at right full, then his time is done at City, unfortunately. With De Bruyne out and David Silva massively out of form I'd go with

Ferna
Gundo Bernardo
Sterling Aguero Sane

If he goes with
Ferna
Gundo David
Bernardo Aguero Sterling

Then Sane won't be around next season

So why do you think he hasn't played much, when Sterling has, what has Sterling done that Sane hasn't. Or is none of this Sane's problem? In the end Pep will pick what he thinks is the best team to win a game.
Sterling loses the ball less often. I get that but even if Mahrez loses the ball less or defends better (I’ve not seen it), his output in the league is far less. He’s rocking the boat unnecessarily in my opinion.

if he isn't picked tonight up against Ashley Young or whatever abomination United have at right full, then his time is done at City, unfortunately. With De Bruyne out and David Silva massively out of form I'd go with

Ferna
Gundo Bernardo
Sterling Aguero Sane

If he goes with
Ferna
Gundo David
Bernardo Aguero Sterling

Probably and I'd be a bit disappointed. But I wouldn't be worried about it, we would bring in someone else that may be better able to do what Pep want. Doesn't mean he'd be a better player or that Sane wouldn't succeed elsewhere, just a player better suited to Pep.
Or with a good pre season, next season Bernardo will play more central and Sane will play more. I'm comfortable letting the manager decide though and so will the club be too, no one will interfere with his decisions on the team.

Ferna
Gundo Bernardo
Sterling Aguero Sane

If he goes with
Ferna
Gundo David
Bernardo Aguero Sterling

Pep might start with your first selection and take David off for Sane, for your second? It's good to have speed against tired legs. United are going to give maximum effort after being embarrassed at Everton. David Silva is better at keeping possession than Sane. The players and fans need to trust Pep and his coaching team to assess the players and make the most appropriate selection.

Ferna
Gundo Bernardo
Sterling Aguero Sane

If he goes with
Ferna
Gundo David
Bernardo Aguero Sterling

I agree, tonight against that back 4 is crying out for Sane but I think it will be Fern, Gundogan, and David Silva in the middle and the same front 3.

Sterling loses the ball less often. I get that but even if Mahrez loses the ball less or defends better (I’ve not seen it), his output in the league is far less. He’s rocking the boat unnecessarily in my opinion.
But Mahrez isn't playing that much, usually when Sane doesn't play it's because Pep wants Bernardo playing wide right. Mahrez instead of Sane is a complete red herring.

actually he has been quite petulant to the ref and being subbed a number of times, one example is After being pulled back by the opponent he turned around and started shouting at the lineman. Which, regardless of what has happened, isn’t the correct course of action, I forget the opponent but it was a CL game.

He is neither a saint, as you make out, nor a sinner that others try to do, but he is a human prone to peaks and troughs in performance. But if pep/management has questions about his attitude/ability (a fair conclusion after him not starting or featuring a lot recently) then I don’t think it’s that much of a stretch to say that there are signs of it.

As I’ve said before, I would rather we have him and keep him than lose him.

Fuck me, let's string him up by the balls for that - crime of the century material right there. So what if he has the odd moan at the officials - our manager isn't beyond that type of behaviour himself.

Personally, I hope he stays because his ceiling his arguably higher than anyone else's at the club. We don't know what's going on behind the scenes and for all we know he could be on the verge of signing a new deal. If not, then I'd be demanding at least £200 million for him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.