Away tickets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why doesn’t that rule apply to corporate tickets?

I think that what it is is that the Club/Agent issuing the ticket should ensure that the person it is bought for/sold to is the person who actually uses it. Therefore when Corporates ask for tickets they should say who will be the user of that ticket. Maybe one of our learned friends on here can advise?!

Last edited:
I understand the point you're making but home tickets aren't the issue. If you buy a seasoncard it's yours, at the club's discretion and subject to observing their terms and conditions. Now we know that no one ever writes to the club when they're taking someone else other than the person named on the ticket but technically you are breaking the law. However that's akin to driving in a 30mph limit at 31mph. You're highly unlikely to get prosecuted. I'm not defending the legislation about reselling of football tickets by the way. It should apply to all tickets rather than solely criminalise football fans.

When you use the points on that card to buy an away ticket, that's completely different. The club is acting as an agent for the issuing club so the selling club's regulations apply, not City's. You can't use City's T&C's to support reselling an away ticket because it's not covered by those. It's like trying to use Marks & Spencer's returns policy at Debenhams, just because the item you bought at M&S is also sold by Debenhams. So I don't accept that argument in any way.

But I do accept that people buy away tickets who genuinely find they subsequently can't use them. If that's within the 7-day returns window then I think most would agree that it's acceptable to pass the ticket on as the choice is between doing that and not using it. But there's a huge difference between that and buying an away ticket knowing that the person named on the card isn't going to be the one using it, whether they're on your F&F list or not. That's abusing the system.

Let's say you've got a seasoncard and a member of your family - parent, child, brother, etc - has one but they never or rarely do away games. But that ticket has 20k points because you regularly use it to buy a ticket for someone who only has 5k points or isn't even a seasoncard holder then that is simply wrong. You can't defend the points system and say all tickets should be distributed via loyalty points then simultaneously support something that is the antithesis of the points system. That's hypocrisy of the highest order and I'm surprised at you for suggesting it. You simply can't have it both ways to suit yourself.
Your last paragraph has described exactly what supporter branches are doing and that is why their allocation should be cut, wouldn’t you agree.

Why doesn’t that rule apply to corporate tickets?
Your last paragraph has described exactly what supporter branches are doing and that is why their allocation should be cut, wouldn’t you agree.
Bollocks. You're using the M&S/Debenhams argument.Or, to use another analogy, when I was 11, I sat the 11-plus and entrance exams for two other grammar schools, Bury GS & Manchester GS. I passed all 3 so had the choice but If I'd passed the 11-plus & Bury but failed MGS, I couldn't use passing Bury to demand equivalence for entry to MGS. They had their own admittance criterion that was unique to them.

The rules for distributing tickets to the three groups - seasoncard holders, supporters club and corporate - are all different and apply to that group only. Branches distribute tickets in different ways and there's no set rules. Corporate, as we've seen, go to ballot if over-subscribed. It's only seasoncard holders who are allocated tickets based on points and some of that group are simulataneously arguing that the system should be respected except when it doesn't suit them.

No quite Supporters Club branches receive an allocation from the club as they always have call it Granddad rights the allocation per branch is quite small except for games that struggle to sell out ie the semi final, they then give them to members via a supporters number. Members on high points get their own whats wrong with that.

No quite Supporters Club branches receive an allocation from the club as they always have call it Granddad rights the allocation per branch is quite small except for games that struggle to sell out ie the semi final, they then give them to members via a supporters number. Members on high points get their own whats wrong with that.
Because we all know that members of branches who don’t have the required points are given the tickets and that is an abuse of the system.

Bingo. People may not like the system and I can understand that but it's surely not too hard to understand that, under the current system, 3 different pots of tickets get distributed in three different ways.

Bollocks. You're using the M&S/Debenhams argument.Or, to use another analogy, when I was 11, I sat the 11-plus and entrance exams for two other grammar schools, Bury GS & Manchester GS. I passed all 3 so had the choice but If I'd passed the 11-plus & Bury but failed MGS, I couldn't use passing Bury to demand equivalence for entry to MGS. They had their own admittance requirement that was unique to them.

The rules for distributing tickets to the three groups - seasoncard holders, supporters club and corporate - are all different and apply to that group only. Branches distribute tickets in different ways and there's no set rules. Corporate, as we've seen, go to ballot if over-subscribed. It's only seasoncard holders who are allocated tickets based on points and some of that group are simulataneously arguing that the system should be respected except when it doesn't suit them.
Cool, I’m no fool
Seasoncard holders bad, corporate greed good.

You think so little of the people you represent. What I have asked is why are they allowed to break the rules we have to stand by. Ie the ticket is bought for the person who use it. You pvr managed to twist it into one of your little homilies again.
I’ll ask again, why as our rep do you think that it is acceptable that corporate buy tickets to sel, on at inflated prices or passed to people unknown to the club, and worse still why do you belittle us for thinking it’s wrong?

I’ve been on this thread all day, but your contribution above has incensed me so much, I’m fucking off and doing something more worthwhile.

PS all day we’ve had a good discussion.
You come along with the abuse, well done you.

See ya.

Bollocks. You're using the M&S/Debenhams argument.Or, to use another analogy, when I was 11, I sat the 11-plus and entrance exams for two other grammar schools, Bury GS & Manchester GS. I passed all 3 so had the choice but If I'd passed the 11-plus & Bury but failed MGS, I couldn't use passing Bury to demand equivalence for entry to MGS. They had their own admittance criterion that was unique to them.

Not sure I understand the school analogy, in fact I don’t.
If the rules for distribution of the tickets are different then that the rules need to be adhered to by all groups, it appears that the biggest abusers are not the seasoncard holders. We all know who they are, I hope it doesn’t need spelling out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.