Two more retail companies look doomed

I have units in what was the council run market hall in the centre of Radcliffe. After renovating the building 2 years ago (EU grant) they then pretty much washed their hands of the old market and the decline was rapid.
Fast foward to today and the change is remarkable. The council handed the building and running of the market to a group of volunteers who set up a community benefits association which enabled them to apply for grants.
We now have several new traders, a bar, dedicated food stalls and open Thurs/Fri/Sat evenings and all day Sunday. Today i'm going in after our game to have a drink, get my tea and listen to a mate doing his accoustic set of good tunes.
The place is now pulling in people from all around the area and my own businness, as well as the others ( Buthcer, deli, jeweller, phone man, hairdresser) has seen a significant rise in customers and takings.

This sort of thing is happening up and down the country and has shown to help the surrounding retail outlets and drum up investment in the area.
https://www.radcliffe.market/

It will be a sad day indeed for our high streets if we see the demise of Debenhams as it offered the canny consumer a well above average shopping experience. I love online shopping but I also love the Debenhams brand. It's Achilles heel was not it's turn over but more it's reduced profit margins via constant sales and overtly heavy discounting.

I probably have more shoes than Imelda Romualdez Marcos at a selling price of a ton or more a pair and always reduced down to £20-35 .. Bottom feeders to the last and we kept them going for years. Even Ted baker Grandkids gear was for pennies in their continuous sale to end all sales.

Last edited:
Fuck me, go and visit Scunthorpe town centre. It’s on its arse that bad, that even McDonalds packed up and fucked off.

The real barometer and measure of a towns demise is if the clown ups sticks. The same happened in Roccadale and the ghouls you see walking zombie-like on Yorkshire street are not spice heads but decent human beings just searching out burger meat.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.