Two more retail companies look doomed

Mothercare gone into administration. All shops to close 2500 jobs at risk

Very sad but inevitable. I used to spend hours as a young kid playing on the Wooden elephant outside mothercare in the arndale centre. Few will remember that.

I think in addition, most people who have babies are young and most young people buy on the internet.

The only reason M and S survives is the age profile of their clientele and the quality of their food.

I went shopping to get a perambulator (More commonly known as a stroller now) for my Daughter but didn't know where to start so I rang her, she told me to get out of Mothercare because it was extortionate. The device I was looking at was almost £1000 which is what I heard she wanted, we went online and got it for £399 a hefty saving and a lesson learned.
M&S are friendly they have a warm slowness to them it isn't a rushed experience and they sell quality a lot of the time, it's my go to shop if I want something special, you're right about the older clientele but they will change the stock to suit the older people coming up behind the coffin dodgers that shop there now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.