Game of Thrones (season 8)

I'm emotionally exhausted after watching that!

Best Scenes:

-Giant getting stabbed through the eye
- Dothraki lights going out
- Arya hiding in the library
- walkers breaking out of tombs in the crypt

I thought more BIG characters could have died. Arguably one of John/Daenarys, one of Sanza/Arya, Grey worm, Jamie, Brian??

Don't know where they go from here, the army is too small to take on Cersei right now?

Tiring episode to watch, not least because it was so dark and blurry (yes, I know the brightness can be turned up, but even then it was hard to see anything).

The good:

- The Donthraki 'lights out' scene
- The fact that Dany and Jon were largely sidelined and pretty useless, given that many expected them to carry the battle
- Ayra's Resident Evil-style scene in the library, and subsequent escape
- Scenes between Sansa and Tyrion
- People are complaining that we're left without a full explanation of who the NK was. Why do we need to know? Some things are best left a mystery
- The NK was really just a plot device and was never what GoT was about. I enjoyed that part of the story but I'm glad it's over and I think the writers are right to bring the story's end to Cersei/King's Landing. GoT was always at its best when it was about the people and the politics

The bad:

- I really don't like how they used that dramatic music for the climatic scene; the way it built up basically telegraphed that something big was about to happen. They did the same thing (it was similar music) with Cersei's destruction of the sept; just felt like 'epic' music for the sake of it. I think the NK death (and the sept destruction) would have been far more surprising and shocking without music
- But then, it's not like we didn't know how it was going to happen - "....and blue eyes". Quite a lot of what happened was a bit too predictable.
- Too many deus ex machinas, friends saving friends just in the nick of time. That started to grate a bit. It's one of the reasons why I feel GoT now seems more Marvel than old GoT

I'm emotionally exhausted after watching that!

Best Scenes:

-Giant getting stabbed through the eye
- Dothraki lights going out
- Arya hiding in the library
- walkers breaking out of tombs in the crypt

I thought more BIG characters could have died. Arguably one of John/Daenarys, one of Sanza/Arya, Grey worm, Jamie, Brian??

Don't know where they go from here, the army is too small to take on Cersei right now?

Good point. They are down to one injured dragon and pretty much all their forces were killed and the survivors are probably traumatised for life. I think there will be some more GOT backstabbing to come. Maybe Jaime will pretend to go back to Cersei and then kill her?

All I can say after trying to watch that is that the night is dark and full of indistinct images.

Extremely frustrating and actually piss poor on the part of the producers to allow that to go out. It seems like anyone who didn't have a Hollywood private cinema struggled somewhat. I'm still not entirely sure who lived and who didn't.

My tv had a real hard time with all the motion and darkness. Couldn’t tell wtf was going on.
how did she just sneak up on him like that? He had hundreds of dead there. Was a little anti climatic

personally thought she should of ripped her bran mask off, she is a many faced warrior after all....

Probably the best episode of a TV program I’ve watched, the music was epic and just added to it all.
i expected Arya to I’ll him as she is an assassin I thought she was fucked when he grabbed her but the knife drop was brilliant. How are they going to stop Cersei now I’m expecting a big battle in episode 5 and Bran has to step up, I take it will find out where he went with the crows later. I expected a few more major deaths but I guess they will come, just an brilliant episode.

Wow!
Not sure how they're going to beat Cersei without an army. At least 95% casualties in that battle.

Not sure how many dragons are left - if any. Is Rhaegal toast as well as Viserion? Come to that, how badly injured is Drogon?

Ayria dispatching a major adversary has been foreshadowed since season 3. I thought it was going to be Cersei, but no, it's the Night King.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.