Game of Thrones (season 8)

I agree, I think it could be made into the best series ending ever if they expanded into the night king more and the whole stuff around Bran. You just can't help but wish there was more depth to it.

Winter is coming and the dead coming has been the big threat since the beginning but they finally came and then they were defeated within an hour and a bit...

Can't help but feel it was an anti-climax and the last 2 seasons of hype were a total waste of time. Obviously now it will focus on the war with Cersei but does anyone really care about that anymore?

I brought this up in a post last week:
What about Bran's prediction "he will come for me"? Bran seems to be able to read the future.
I assumed the end of series final Battle would be at Kings Landing between Cersei/Golden company and the mostly human survivors from the first Battle.

It would really surprise me if the undead won the Winterfell battle but it is GoT, you never know?

I suppose it depends on whether the story is fundementally about different human factions struggling to rule the iron throne or humans struggling just to survive?

Personally I think the human against human conflict struggling to rule the iron throne, could give a better finish but we will see how it proceeds?

I agree it would be great if there was more opportunity to explore more depth in the NK / Bran story, so many people love the GoT universe and can't get enough.

I also agree there was greater jeopardy for human survival with the Night King and army of the Dead, but it was always likely to be resolved by the killing of the Night King. I am still looking forward to see what happens and I would imagine there's a few more twists to come.
;-)

Last edited:
Good episode. It's a top thirty entry for me, but not quite top twenty. Great entertainment.

That decision, though - we all know what they're talking about - has thrown a tonne of questions into play, and how the last three episodes pan out will determine how that decision will be viewed in retrospect.

It was bold, I'll give them that.

so many more main characters should be dead. Considering the Dothraki, unsullied and freefolk are all but wiped of the face of the map, Samwell just lead there for 90 minutes and survived. Jon dodging dead dragon fire.... reallly.

I really enjoyed it but it was so hard to follow the battle as it was so dark. Also, we’ve been waiting for this battle since scene one of episode one. For the NK to be killed like that by a flying assassin from nowhere felt a little bit weak.

Really glad that isn’t the last episode.

so many more main characters should be dead. Considering the Dothraki, unsullied and freefolk are all but wiped of the face of the map, Samwell just lead there for 90 minutes and survived. Jon dodging dead dragon fire.... reallly.

I really enjoyed it but it was so hard to follow the battle as it was so dark. Also, we’ve been waiting for this battle since scene one of episode one. For the NK to be killed like that by a flying assassin from nowhere felt a little bit weak.

Really glad that isn’t the last episode.

On thing that irked me was

I was expecting an epic sword fight between NK and JS/AT and some white walkers in battle with main charactors at least, you could have had the NK win the duel and Arya come in like a banshee and kill the **** stilĺ just before he filleted JS/AT and BS

Last edited:
[spolier]I was saying the same regarding Theon. When charged i was saying "wtf is he doing? as if you'd do that. you'd stand your ground and let him come on to you". As someoen earleir mentioned too, there was far too many instances of people about to die and out of nowhere comes someone to save them. I was very poorly written. you can tell the original premise and writing has gone cos if that was under Martin, those characters in peril would have died.[\spoiler]

If that was under Martin we wouldn't have any of it. He has complete writers block and has no idea how to end his books. That is why he is stalling. He will croak it before he releases the rest of the story so this season is the best we are going to get.

Those saying how can they beat cersei need to remember.

The lanister army has recently been led by Tyrion and Jaimie and their is no reason to suggest some forces won't defect to follow them if called.
Kings landings army consists of southern lands including the reminants of house tarly who in effect have a lord in Sam.
Gendry is the rightfull baratheon heir and could possibly call upon any forces left in the stormlands with Davos's help.
The riverlands, as far as we know were not involved in this northern fight and with the freys gone house tully probably restored should have forces that would shirley be loyal to sansa and the starks.
Dorne have kept out of it and if called could be loyal to danny or Aegon Targaryen, after all the lad was born ther.
Finally we could get the major twist that the golden company have a Targaryen amongst them in the son or Rhaegar and Elia Martell, and could turn on Cersie, though highly unlikely as this story from the books seems to have been disgarded by the showrunners early on

Oh and they have 2 dragons

Is anyone a bit annoyed we didn't get any more NK backstory? I wanted his purpose to be a bit more than just "kill everyone, especially Bran"
Personally, I prefer that we didn't get that. I think some things are best left as unexplained mysteries. Mind you, I think we already know his backstory, don't we?

Created by Children of the Forest to kill men. Got a bit out of hand and started killing the Children, too. Still trying to fulfill his purpse of killing men

Great Television it may have been but as a recreation of a medieval/ancient battle there were too many mistakes.
The main problem was the Unsullid. They are basically a long spear/shield army. So most casualties occur as the they make initial contact with the opposition. It then becomes a battle of brute strength as one side pushes the other, with little or no space to swing a sword or other weapon. This push occurs till one side breaks after having enough - at which point mass casualties occur in the pursuit. The undead wouldn't give up and nor would the unsullied, (not for hours anyway). Only a flank attack would break the Unsullid and that wouldn't happen if later Scotish type shiltron defensive formations were used. Only cavalry and archer fire (or gunpowder weapons) can break the ranks of a force with high morale.

Last edited:
Next weeks promo

Can clearly see 2 dragons flying

It's going to be interesting what happens between Jon and Daenerys now this war has been won. I can see her losing her shit and trying to kill him since he is technically the next in line for the throne.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.