UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Unresolved matters....hmmmmm.

I hope City win the case and then seriously look into the reputational damage done by UEFA.

I never joined in with the booing but I understood why others did. It always irked me a little that Pep didn't understand it was UEFA not the Competition City fans were booing. I hope he understands a bit better now.

I know mate, i've read everything about him but the point i'm making is, HOW do we prove that the leak has come from him? Der Spiegel could simply say 'nah we didn't get it from that guy, it was a whistleblower and we don't need to tell you who that was'. Just playing devils advocate, kind of.
The courts have their own evidence from which he will be convicted, and that legally binging conviction will trump any Uefa kangaroo court . We will not have to prove any of that

Some countries will dismiss it out of hand (such as USA and Russia) but others may allow it including the UK and Switzerland (where CAS are). In countries where it is at the judge's discretion, there are differing rules on what can be allowed. I think we, and possibly Switzerland, allow quite a lot in comparison to, say, France.

Based on a little research I did the other day.

City's statement is far too bold for it to rely on the admissibility of stolen documents.

The hacker is in court and about to go to jail.

Whistleblowing is someone on the inside leaking something. Hacking is someone stealing something.

Different things.
Good point. The UEFA case seems to be built on stolen emails from a man (Pinto) who is facing jail for trying to exort money from other football clubs (notably Sporting Lisbon) after hacking their emails. The UK media has steadfastly ignored this aspect of the saga. It's hard to see how UEFA can win any case brought by City in any independent court. Our lawyers know this.

City state a basic lack of due process, which is obvious to us City fans. "The UEFA stance appears to be that the CL is their competition so clubs who enter do so under their rules, including FFP which they found City have breached". I guess they feel the procedure is whatever they want it to be, which is why City are going to go for an "independent judiciary body" and will take it as high up into the courts as they feel they have to go now their reputation is getting trashed daily by this procedure. Some basic (US) due process rights ripped off from Wikipedia (not all of which are always granted). The first one listed is a big one:
  1. An unbiased tribunal.
  2. Notice of the proposed action and the grounds asserted for it.
  3. The opportunity to present reasons for the proposed action not to be taken.
  4. The right to present evidence, including the right to call witnesses.
  5. The right to know the opposing evidence.
  6. The right to cross-examine adverse witnesses.
  7. A decision based only on the evidence presented.
  8. Opportunity to be represented by counsel.
  9. The tribunal to prepare a record of the evidence presented.
  10. The tribunal to prepare written findings of fact and the reasons for its decision.

I’m hoping we more than back up our statements. I don’t want a deal from them I want us to categorically prove they have no leg to stand on and it’s a witch-hunt

I want us to be free of it all
City already feel we have. See our statement. But who is listening. Only City fans.

It's so very obvious that it's a witch-hunt if you're looking but who is looking. Most football fans are biased. Very biased. They see evil and want to believe in evil. The press, the guardians of freedom are in the establishment's pocket on this.

My take on this, is Arnie's. If they don't kill us, it will only make us stronger. There is nothing more powerful than money allied with people empowered by ideas so if they don't actually kill us with draconian sanctions, we'll just end up anti-heroes. If you look at our fan-base at the moment that is how many feel, and it will grow stronger, and as it does, City will get stronger.

Doesn’t matter. It was leaked and gave City the opportunity to counter on the process and the integrity and motivation of the investigators.

Have City been creative in circumventing FFP to some extent? Probably. That’s their job. Can UEFA prove it? Unlikely. A suggested one year ban isn’t screaming they have City bang to rights. Besides who thinks UEFA really want a war over a poxy one year CL ban especially as they are in the middle of planning a CL stitch up to appease the ‘entitled’ few? Nothing says we are protecting the integrity of football like shafting 99% of European clubs.

Imagine a CL without the champions and 2 teams who finished 26 points below completing for it. Oh hang on we virtually have that already!

Hopefully this Hackers trial will catalogue each stolen document and source of origin.

Hopefully ours will be mentioned. Next prove he obtained them illegally.

Next prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that that German newspaper PAID him for the hacked documents and they weren’t given freely. Not sure how that part reflects on Der spiegel but if they used cash to get them, you could maybe argue they instructed him to hack them ?

Find out if any of other football clubs had ties to der , could be a collective effort by a few clubs to bring down their main obstacle.

The rest involves fighting against uefa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.