UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Those in the adjudicatory chamber appear to be highly experienced lawyers. They were involved in the attempt to re-open the case because (and I quote) "The Adjudicatory Chamber ruled on 19 September 2018 that the case should be referred back to the Investigatory Chamber for further investigation." They had been given the task by the UEFA CFCB on June 13 so should have ruled by, I assume June 23 at the very latest.

If the legal professionals missed this, I'm astonished. None of them appear to have been changed as a result. Either they were extremely careless or allowed it to drag for some reason.

Everyone makes mistakes. Three or four legal eagles don’t miss something as simple and obvious as that. I suspect they did it on purpose to give themselves an easy way out - lose on a technicality rather than have your stupid rules torn up.

I agree, but we are talking Uefa here and nothing should surprise us

If The Emir (HH) did tip up some of the money for the Etihad deal and we didn't disclose it, (why should we and why would we even be aware of it, that's Etihad business) as we know they will use any loophole to get us and there does seem to be a lot of enfficies on the word "misleading" in many of the reports you read

If City's stance of doing nothing wrong is correct (which we have no reason to doubt based on the statement) as far as accounting and a legal point as at the end of the day what we are hearing is the full amount came from Etihad whether some of it is via The Emir to Etihad then to City, from our point of view (accounting wise) it shouldn't matter

but it isn't a legal issue yet and we are bound by Uefas interpretations/rules and we know their panchaunt for altering things at the drop of a hat, if any of the above is right this can only go to CAS

I'm probably well off the mark with this and I'm trying to work out what Uefa think they have on us

All a bit meaningless anyway. Etihad will source funds from a whole variety of sources - that’s outside UEFAs jurisdiction. The monies will have come to us directly from Etihad and will be a matter of public record in their accounts. That should be the end of the matter.

All a bit meaningless anyway. Etihad will source funds from a whole variety of sources - that’s outside UEFAs jurisdiction. The monies will have come to us directly from Etihad and will be a matter of public record in their accounts. That should be the end of the matter.

Said this all along, so I fail to see how anyone can do us for that. Of course, there could be something else we're unaware of but if it's purely down to where Etihad funded their sponsorship obligations from in 2015 then that's none of their fucking business. My own thinking on that is that they were in financial difficulties which is hardly a secret and the state bailed them out to meet some of their obligations, one of those being their sponsorship deal with City. Fuck all wrong with that, but the stupid twats will probably still try and punish us anyway.

I saw your previous post about their sponsorship now being 50m, I had read it had been diluted to 100m. It’s historically financial misdemeanours we are taking about and as others have said UEFA fucked up over PSG which is either incredibly stupid or was intentional. I’m not really that bothered what happens to any other Club, I think it’s quite obvious within Uefa there is a vendetta against us, it’s no coincidence FFP was brought in when we started to upset the old cartel and the big 4 in the English League. Gill “leaving” the Rags to join them was no coincidence. FFP 2 is supposed to be coming but quelle surprise it won’t be here for this transfer window where the Rags, Real and Barca will be spending huge amounts of wonga.
Yup, it is around 50 M now (and considered to be so since 2015 with retroactive devaluation) as far as FFP is concerned. They tried to put it around 35 M€ afterwards.

The big problem with CAS is they ruled for us on technicality which means UEFA can still try their chance later on. Rumours have it that they asked us to terminate the contract once and for all.

And about the technicality, they did the same error for Fener, so it is not a preferential treatment for PSG.

As for Neymar and Mbappé, PSG is making headlines because of those two transfers but they are selling a lot (which is not highlighted). If you compare City and PSG spending balance, despite not engaging in big stars signings, City is far above PSG. However, i consider it as normal because you have PL money.

If you are angry about City treatment, just know that PSG has already experienced all those issues and even had to go to CAS. City has, so far, experienced nothing compared to PSG.
You just have to watch your own forum thread : https://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/threads/psg-set-to-fail-ffp-again.333948/

Press leaks/smear campaign about PSG (again Tariq Panja with the exclusive news) :
CFCB IC => CFCB AC => CAS

If this transaction is secure, where does that leave UEFA's case given that Etihad relates to the lion share of the sponsorship? UEFA may not like the 'subterfuge' but if the end result, excluding Etihad which we think is OK, was of the order of approx £5m-10m additional revenue, is that worthy of a ban?

The NYT and BBC suggest 'misleading UEFA' is now their prime issue. Yet these sponsorships are about 1-2% of City's current revenue. A ban on top of recent sanctions? That's proportionate!

Last edited:
They were accused of something similar, if not the same ... https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/sep/24/uefa-reopens-financial-fair-play-investigation-psg

When UEFA reopened the investigation they should have done so in a 10 day period but took two months, so PSG's appeal against it being re-opened was upheld by CAS.

I have to ask myself, are UEFA that stupid to try something that broke their own rules so blatantly? Remarkable, if so. Doesn't seem right that these very experienced legal people on the UEFA panels didn't check this.
Having inflated deals is not a problem if you can satisfy the break even rule after UEFA put them at a fair market value. PSG sold players to balance their account, which means no wrongdoing was found. This is the final verdict that stood in their case.

Manchester City has, so far, no problem with the break even rule. Thus, i don't see what is similar here.

The whole case of PSG could be read, instead of PSG cheating UEFA again with inflated deals, as UEFA fails again to put a definite "fair market value" on PSG contracts.

Last edited:
The relationship with Etihad has been a tremendous success, although perhaps the time is coming (with their own financial issues) that City may seek a new separate shirt sponsor?

Not sure if that is too much of a pride thing though? Etihad could still sponsor the stadium and campus, in addition to our training gear, which is easily worth £40m per annum.

However, a new shirt sponsor, in light of our elevated status in recent years, must surely be worth the thick end of £60-£70m a year?

I'm sure this is where the next influx of commercial cash is coming from and that China will have a big part to play?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.