FA Cup Final - Post Match Thread

I’ve waited 49 years to be at Wembley to witness City win the FA Cup, and fucking Hell, it was worth it.

After Eddie's great save at 0-0, and Merlin’s lovely opener, there was only ever going to be one winner. I’m so delighted that he scored today, not only because of his standing within the club and football in this country, but it also meant that we have seven players with at least ten goals this season. The goals were all excellent, but I thought Raheem’s first was the pick of them.

Watford supporters were brilliant and so was the the response from us, when they were waving their flags en masses at four or five nil. We spoke to some of them at Wembley Stadium station, and they seemed genuinely touched that we complimented them on their support for their team.

A fantastic end to a fantastic season. Who’d‘ve thought 20 years ago? Or even 12 years ago?

Ban that fuck from the ground. Fucking audacity to ask pep about that.

I loved it, personally. When Pep first walked into City it was, “can they do it on a rainy night in Stoke?” That year, Pep insisted on playing his way with tools that never could. We were ripped apart but he was steadfast in his approach. Opponents and media gobbled it up.

Then Year 2...utter domination. 100 points. Centurions. Media sufficiently muzzled and no one laughing anymore.

Fast forward to current day and City have done it again. Pushing aside a Liverpool team that apparently deserved this title.

So now that the media and detractors can’t really focus on football matters they now go for off the pitch matters.

It’s brilliant. What a time to be a City fan.

I must be seeing things that do not exist. Sty even says: Super City Thrash Watford ...

Has somebody at sty finally realised that we are that good?
Ì do disagree with their 7 for Eddie - couple of great saves - any other keeper would be getting 9 for those alone. But you can't expect too much from them.
Every player for me was at least an 8 for me today. Several scored eleventyseven as they were just on a different level.

Sat here at 3am still buzzing had some more alcohol yet still wide awake. What a day, thanks to the players (Bernardo) for the free coach and what a performance. Watford fans were great, and congrats to the Wolfs for getting into Europe.

Just like to say thank you all for that wonderful result, I really enjoyed watching the game for a change! Your team is just simply Majestic, outstanding and down right scary as F**K.
I really hope Wolves can emulate and follow in your footsteps, if it does happen I’ll be a happy man.
Again congratulations on your Treble and look forward to seeing you play and seeing you at molineux next year. Hopefully you can get that champions league notch next year!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.